Anyone work in the Automotive industry?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I work at the Honda Marysville Plant in Marysville, Ohio and in our paint dept. I work inside a primer booth (good ****ing god does paint smell) and do quite a bit of sanding and spraying primer. I work with 4Dr Accords, 2 Dr Accords (discontinued after the 2018 launches), and Exports.

9888774-large.jpg

I was just curious if anyone else on here also worked in the automotive world.

Cars we make at our plant:

4 Dr Accord (EX, LX, Sport)
a1.png

2 Dr Accord (EX, LX, Sport) *will be discontinued in a month
Accord2.jpg

Acura TLX
2018-Acura-TLX-A-Spec-Main-Art.jpg

Acura ILX
2017_acura_ilx_sedan_technology-plus-and-a-spec-packages_fq_oem_5_500.jpg

2018 Accord *mass production beginning in a month
CR-Cars-Inline-2018-Honda-Accord-Touring-f-07-17

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I work for General Motors at the Wentzville Assembly plant. Vehicles we currently build are the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Chevy Express, and GMC Savana (the latter two are utility/passenger vans).

As for my specific job there I'm part of 3 man team that hoists the engines on to the frame and connects the drive shaft to said engines. Along with various little connections in between.

Chevy Colorado
2017_chevrolet_colorado_extended-cab-pickup_z71_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg

GMC Canyon
2018-gmc-canyon-mov-packages-mm1-scroller-732x282-02.jpg

Chevy Express
2017-cargo-van-intro-01.jpg

GMC Savana
2017-gmc-savana-work-van-2500-cargo-van-angular-front.png

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Used to work at a Honda plant in Schomberg, ON. I did all the CNC machining on oil pumps. Pretty boring stuff

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
All factory so far. I've done consulting work for Volkswagen/Audi corporate and dealerships.

can you tell me why they decide to do weird regional stuff like (off the top of my head) Audi S3 air vents in Canadian models have a feature where you can broaden or narrow the focus of the air by pushing the center of the vent, while US versions do not. there are other differences too. Just wondering why something that sort of insignificant would be different.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
can you tell me why they decide to do weird regional stuff like (off the top of my head) Audi S3 air vents in Canadian models have a feature where you can broaden or narrow the focus of the air by pushing the center of the vent, while US versions do not. there are other differences too. Just wondering why something that sort of insignificant would be different.

Couldn't tell you. Not my area and it's been a few years. I know VW Canada often does things differently (names of trims for example) and sometimes we get a special model. It could be regulatory or something that they do just for the hell of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->