Anyone watch games without cable TV? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacLandshark

Dec 27, 2010
In the spring I moved out of a shared housing situation to a just-me situation and as I suspected when I moved in, the cable box has been virtually unused since the cup finals ended.

I'd really like to cut the cord altogether and the NHL Gamecenter offering sounds like what I want EXCEPT all local games and national broadcasts are blocked.

ARGH! Has anyone found a solution? The sol'n has to include games broadcast in HD over the internet.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I totally want this so long as it's not too difficult to setup and the streamed video quality is decent.

I would also need it for the Giants and Warriors. If I can get all 3 teams streamed, I would cut the cord in a second.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Please keep in mind that per site rules, we are not allowed to discuss illegal streams or ways to bypass IP/location restrictions.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
easy

[Mod]
2) internet via NHL game center on your computer, etc device
3) ruku or other like device that has nhl gamecenter on it, still need internet connection
but it enables it on a big screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Look I may not have gone to Stanford like you but even I'm not dumb enough to ask an la bartender to change the channel from Dodgers/lakers to anything else. :laugh:

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I was just forced to switch from Comcast to Time Warner due to moving. Anyone have experience with both of these? Are they essentially the same when it comes to Center Ice Package?

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
I was just forced to switch from Comcast to Time Warner due to moving. Anyone have experience with both of these? Are they essentially the same when it comes to Center Ice Package?

I had time warner before we moved (now I have Direct TV). Game Center ICE is on about 12-16 channels pending how many games that night.

They do black out local games (i.e. LA and Anacrime for those of us in Southern CA).

Sometimes you get the pre-show and others you don't (with TW we never got a pre show but we did get to see the 3 stars if a SJ home game).

Works the same but only like 2 or 3 games are ever HD FYI. (well last year anyway).

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I loved when I lived in San Diego and was blacked out of Sharks / Ducks games but TW did not carry the channel that the game was on.

SacLandshark

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks for the help all - I just completed my signup and am even MORE excited to see the season get underway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad