Anyone use an easton 1 piece for a long time?

2x4*

Has anyone had an Easton 1 piece last them atleast 3 months?
If these things would last atleast 3 months before snapping I wouldnt mind buying them.

Is it just the pros that seem to snap them every few games, or will the average Joe be breaking his pocket?

I am thinking of picking one of these up soon.

http://hockeymonkey.com/easton-hksynergy350sr.html

Would a Stealth ST or Synergy ST be twice as durable to warrent twice the price?
Or just 10 grams lighter :p:

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
ive been using an original stealth for 2 years now playing AA and AAA midget...

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I've seen them last pretty well...no personal experience with the OPS, just the Easton shaft, and it lasted well.

But on your 350 you looking at. They arn't too bad...but just made with more fiberglass than kevlar, graphite, carbon or whatever the STs and other Syngergies are made of. So might be a problem, might not depending on what type of player you are.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
the synergy 350 is a price point stick that isn't great on performance or durability. Depending on your level you might not benefit from something like a CNT stealth or Synergy ST... but of course it doesn't hurt to buy yourself something nice every once in a while.

2x4*

Maybe this helps...

I have had an Easton Typhoon and a Z-Carbon blade for 3 years now. They are still going strong, although the blade is only now starting to look old and worn, but it still holds up. No cracks or huge chips, just a few minor chips.

2x4*

anyone here use the Synergy 350?
How is it if you have.
How long have you had it?

vexXed

Oct 23, 2005
Hong Kong
I had the TPS XN-10 which lasted me for about 5 months and it was fine when I sold it. I'm still using my Easton Stealth which I got like 7 months ago, but it is starting to go at the blade.

Thing is, I saw my teammates Synergy SL break at the bit where the blade meets the shaft after receiving a pass, and it was brand new... I would go for the ST, which is what I'm gonna get as my sticks always break at the blade and never the shaft.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
i suggest the nike/bauer v2. its a decent price and a very good stick.

I was gonna mentiong the V2 as well. epuck.com raved about it in their reviews.

Something to think about. You can get a Bauer Vapor XXX for under $100 now. That's a way better stick then the V2 or the Easton 350.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
i had a 300 for a season, dont ask me why i bought this but i played like 7 games with it and about 1000 games of pickup over the summer...which isn't exactly hard on a stick...and i think its gunan go next shift haha.

2x4*

What about the Easton Synergy shaft and then the Synergy Blade?
Would the 2 piece be stronger? Easier to replace the blade for sure.

I have a 3 year old 80 flexTyphoon and Z-Carbon blade right now, so that gives you an idea of the weight of the stick, and how I dont bash my sticks up too bad.

I am just looking for a lighter, better stick than what I have right now.

Do you think the Synergy 2 piece is leaps and bounds better than a typhoon, or would a 1 piece be the way to go for an upgrade. Sorry for these questions but I have never owned a 1 piece stick before :p:

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
A synergy II is basically a SL with a changeable blade. It's head over heels better than the typhoon, but the durability on the blades is just as bad as the SL.

Best value you can find right now is the vapor XXX. The Mission Pulse has come down in price and is a fantastic stick too.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Well...idk about the weight, should be close as the Typhoon and the Z-Carb is reasonably light. But performance wise the Synergy might be better performing cause it's a tapered shaft and blade. And it's essentially a one-piece, just not fused and painted over like a 'real' one-piece.

But after hearing y'all's v2 stick comments, I'm intrigued as which 'price point' stick is the best. Adding to the v2/VII, Synergy 300/50...CCM Vector 6.0, Mission Axis, and TPS R2 Response. Think I'm not missing anything...

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My first Synergy lasted 1 1/2 seasons...and I probably use it on average 3 times a week. So I went out and bought another when that broke since i was very pleased with it, the next one actually broke in the first 3 weeks..but I got a new one for free since it was still under warranty. Now my 3rd one ive had for half a year so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad