Anyone still remember G Josh Harding? (Minnesota Wild)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His best seasons in the NHL

06-07 played 7 games for Minnesota, 1.16 GAA, .960 SV%
08-09 played 19 games for Minnesota, 2.21 GAA, .930 SV%
11-12 played 34 games for Minnesota, 2.59 GAA, .920 SV%
13-14 played 30 games for Minnesota, 1.66 GAA, .933 SV%

Was a goalie at his prime (29) when he was forced to retire due to complications of Multiple Sclerosis.
- current occupation: goalie coach in the USHS-MN (Edina High), past 3 years

Reactions: a79krgm

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Always thought he could have been a good 1. To bad he had to get MS. My uncle has it as well, his is in remission but it's not a fun thing. All the best to Harding and others with MS.

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
He had been touted for years to become the starting goalie for the Wild. With Backstrom declining, he was finally ready to step out of the shadows. He looked great with increased responsibility... Then came the MS diagnosis. A damn shame on multiple levels.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
MS claimed the life of my aunt. It's awful. I was banging the table for the Flyers to acquire Harding when he was Backstrom's backup. Always had a good feeling about him. Any news as to his condition? If he is coaching, I would hope that means he is doing well.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I believe Harding could've been a top five goalie. Damm MS intervened though. Another goalie who could've been special was Dan Blackburn. He had all the tools. Unfortunately concussions ended his career prematurely.

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember him. I actually remember when I heard about his MS diagnosis - I was visiting my parents, since my mother by that point was already mostly bedridden due to MS. Hope Harding is handling it okay, it's good to hear that he's still able to coach at some level, MS can do seriously awful things to you.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
I believe Harding could've been a top five goalie. Damm MS intervened though. Another goalie who could've been special was Dan Blackburn. He had all the tools. Unfortunately concussions ended his career prematurely.

Wasn't concussions, it was a freak shoulder injury sustained during training. Resulted in him being unable to raise his left arm with the palm upturned as is necessary with a trapper. He tried to resurrect his career using a special modified blocker on his catching hand but I guess it didn't take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad