Anyone play for Hockey of North America? (HNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Just wondering....i joined there summer league this year and its a blast. Finally playing competitive hockey again. If you play/played(Winter league)....where do you play? I play in the Westchester league.

I know this league is pretty popular...thats why I ask.

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
I was involved with HNA Chicago a few years ago. It's a very good league, although on the expensive side. What I liked best is that they split the league up according to ability so it was rare to have one team that was far better than the others in the same tier. It makes for very competitive games.

Now I live in Grand Rapids, MI and HNA doesn't have a league here. I've been playing in a house league at one of the local rinks instead. It cost about half of what HNA did, but it never fails that at least one or two of the teams stock their lineup with ringers (former high school, junior, and minor college players). It gets a little tiresome losing by double digit scores. This season we lost a game 13-3 where their star player scored 8 goals and had 5 assists. I know it's important to play against better competition if you ever hope to improve your own game, but come on. Those kind of games are just painful. If HNA added a league here in Grand Rapids I'd sign up in a minute.

kalehr

Dec 20, 2004
Hna

I know some people who have played through HNA. Some of them were beginners, others were more experienced. The thing they all liked the most about HNA is that even though it can be a bit pricy, it is very organized and if you are a beginner (which you aren't), they do a good job of teaching people the basics and helping them apply them to game situations pretty quickly. As the previous poster said, they also do a good job of evening out the ability levels on the teams so the teams are pretty evenly matched and you won't face a blowout just because one team is loaded with ringers. They also liked the tournament part of it, they had a blast traveling to other cities to play games against other teams. Everybody I know who played with HNA said they'd do it again, provided they had the $ and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad