Anyone noticing less attention on the Leafs than before?

hockeyfanz*

I don't thiink there is any less attention to them. Same number of stories in the papers, talk radio is 90% leafs but the types of stories have changed. Much more up beat, much better spotlight. Lots of good stuff about Kadr, JVR Kostca early on and the goalies.

Last year it was Don cherry vs Burke/Wilson. All of them loud and talk way to much. Cherry wanted Kardi up, and Burke/Wilson fired. He voiced his opinion and you gt a week worth of stories. Burke comes back with something, you have a week full of stories. Wilson tweets, extented, week full of stories. Kadri has good game in minors, Cherry goes on HNIC you have a week worth of stories.

This year is the shut up and play attitude from Nonis/Carlyle- no sound bites, short vanilla answers and there is nothing to talk about. If Burke was here he would have a press conference weekly talking about how smart he was for bringing in JVR, Dion is the norris winner and that Kessel is having a great season despite not scoring at a great clip, and we would have a week full of stories.

Good post. I can feel the pride of being a Leaf fan returning to the GTA..we dont have to feel embarrassed by the sideshow that followed the dysfuncitonal and losing franchise. I like the demeanour of a Nonis and Anthopolous, similar in personality...quiet, professional and go about their business. I don't care for the GM to be the center nor the coach. I want those guys to work quietly in the background unless they have to speak out because of an injustice done to their hockey team or a member of the team. Winning and entertaining hockey is all that should matter to fans. The face of the franchise should be a hockey player. Not a coach. Not a GM..Not an owner or board member. A player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad