Anyone know who's reffing Can vs. Rus?

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The outcome of the game probably depends on whether the officials let Canada play Canadian hockey, or if they force the players to play basketball rules (touch = foul) which would heavily favour the Russians.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
It won't be refs from Canada or Russia..I'll tell ya that! ;)

BloodOnIce

Dec 10, 2006
Canada
I sincerely hope we don't get a Canadian or American ref...
Purely for the fact that I'm absolutely TIRED of hearing people blame the outcome of the game on biased officiating.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I sincerely hope we don't get a Canadian or American ref...
Purely for the fact that I'm absolutely TIRED of hearing people blame the outcome of the game on biased officiating.

I wouldn't say there is any bias. You obviously can't have a Canadian or Russian ref in the game. It all comes down to style. A officiating crew from Europe that is used to officiating the Euro style of hockey will probably be bad news for Canada. Same goes the other way. An officiating crew that is used to reffing NA style hockey will probably hurt the Russians as they are not as used to playing that style.

Less than 1 hour before the puck drops and no one knows who is reffing yet?!?

BloodOnIce

Dec 10, 2006
Canada
I wouldn't say there is any bias. QUOTE]

I wouldn't say there is one either, but it's almost always the first thing to be blamed for any sort of Canadian/American win against a European team.
No offence to European fans, of course, there are many really great people all over the world that understand the game and love/appreciate it just as much or more than your average Canadian... but look at the game threads for any of the Canadian/U.S. games thus far in the tournament. The U.S.-Sweden bronze medal has apparently already been decided!

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I wouldn't say there is any bias. QUOTE]

I wouldn't say there is one either, but it's almost always the first thing to be blamed for any sort of Canadian/American win against a European team.
No offence to European fans, of course, there are many really great people all over the world that understand the game and love/appreciate it just as much or more than your average Canadian... but look at the game threads for any of the Canadian/U.S. games thus far in the tournament. The U.S.-Sweden bronze medal has apparently already been decided!

I know, I know, but I think that is more sour grapes and bitter tears than anything else. Don't let guys like Siberian and SENATOR get you down today.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Oh no. Russia becomes the favorite.

Switzerland? I can´t believe an important hockey tournament is going to be officiated by a Swiss referee. The IIHF is idiotic. I think Canada, Russia and whoever wants to join them should pull out of this tournament. I mean look at the attendance it´s obvious to me that the IIHF is run by a team of cheque-cashing monkeys.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I don't think that nationality of referee is comparable with how good the ref is.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Switzerland? I can´t believe an important hockey tournament is going to be officiated by a Swiss referee. The IIHF is idiotic. I think Canada, Russia and whoever wants to join them should pull out of this tournament. I mean look at the attendance it´s obvious to me that the IIHF is run by a team of cheque-cashing monkeys.

Wow... Hope you were :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad