Anyone here play Floorball?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nah, I play a lot of Inline though. Find the friction of handling a biscuit on tile helps when you go back to the slipper ice. And in a way I think it can help with skating.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I've heard countless stories about people trying ice hockey for the first time and telling me how it is by far the best workout they've gotten in comparison to other sports.

It surprises me because I've played hockey since I was five years old so I think I am used to it. Then I tried floorball last year and it is another level of workout, holy smokes I get killed every time I played it. Insanely fun, some parts of it is more fun to play than ice is.

swedehollow

Aug 15, 2018
Plays it twice every week, like millions of other Euros. Best workout ever. And soooo fun!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't think there's a single Swedish person under 50 who hasn't played floorball. I had a lot of fun playing it during my school years.

BlizzardSloth

Mar 27, 2019
Zurich, Switzerland
Like a lot of Swiss people I played it organized for years when I was younger. Still play it from time to time with some friends. It's a lot of fun and a very fast paced game, good workout.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Played all through high school, and played on some rep teams at the same time as well. Our high school team won a few medals at the Canada Cup, as well as various other tournaments.

I was always really good at that level of play, I tried out for Canada's Under-19 team and made the practice roster, but wasn't quite good enough to make the full team and compete at the worlds.

It's a great sport to get you moving and running around, and it definitely helps develop your stick handing skills. Always funny how people change positions as well. I played D in ice hockey, but wing in floor ball, and had a bunch of friends who were vice versa.

As well, some of the best players in Canada that I know were ice hockey goalies, and play forward in floorball.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->