Anyone have in on the following 05 OHLer's (Downie, Little, Lawrence)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreek

Feb 28, 2002
New York
Visit site
Has anyone seen Steve Downie (Windsor), Brian Little (Barrie) or Chris Lawrence (SSM) play this season? All three seem to be highly touted. Where to you see each going in next season's 2005 NHL Entry Draft? Do you see any of them as sure-fire first rounders? What type of impact if any do you see each having at the NHL level? Thanks!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
TheGreek said:
Has anyone seen Steve Downie (Windsor), Brian Little (Barrie) or Chris Lawrence (SSM) play this season? All three seem to be highly touted. Where to you see each going in next season's 2005 NHL Entry Draft? Do you see any of them as sure-fire first rounders? What type of impact if any do you see each having at the NHL level? Thanks!

I think Bryan Little is a late 87 and should go Top 10 in the first round of 06. That's my 2 cents which is probably overpriced as I've never seen him play.

jaybone87

Feb 1, 2003
Boomtown
Visit site
I think Little is an absolute awesme player. Has a lot of potential, although I dont think his defensive abililty is that great but hes got a lot of time to improve it.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I can tell you Downie is a fiesty and tough player who has a great work ethic and is a decent skater. He also bounced back very fast from a devastating concussion, that left him "out" on the ice. (only missed two games)

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Boomhower said:
I can tell you Downie is a fiesty and tough player who has a great work ethic and is a decent skater. He also bounced back very fast from a devastating concussion, that left him "out" on the ice. (only missed two games)

I really like Dowine, IMO he is one of the better OHLers for 2005.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
Bryan Little update

TheGreek said:

I have seen Little play about 7 or 8 times this year as I am from Orillia, Ontario which is just outside of Barrie. He competes hard for the puck and does not shy away from hits even though he is 5'9 170. He finishes his checks and has a tendency to jump a litltle bit at his man like Darcy Tucker of the Leafs. He never quits on a play and has become the Colts go-to guy, playing about 20 minutes a night. He has gotten better and seems to have a stocky lower body.

As far as offensive skills go this kid can play. What no noe has said about his 4 goal game is that all 4 goals were in the third period of a 1-0 Owen Sound lead after 2. He has amazing vision and is always at the right place at the right time. What also hasn't been said is that he isn't playing with Crombeen or Stillman, he is playing with 2 no name wingers. He plays a lot like Corey Locke but is a better skater.

The Colts also have 2 other prospects. Evan Brophey is an excellent 2-way player who needs to fill out he is a late 86 and is 05 eligible. Steve Spade is a d-man they have brought along slowly who also needs to fill out a bit. He is another late87 who is 06 eligible. I hope this helps!

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
little is 2006 eligable. i think he's going to be great. he was recently voted the 3rd smartest player in the ohl's eastern conference in the 2004 ohl coach's poll. that's excellent for a 16 year old. i was a bit surprised when he didn't go till the 3rd round in the ohl draft last year. his numbers were better at Jr. B than fellow Cambridge Winterhawks alum Tim Brent who went No. 2 overall in the ohl draft. though he did have a shoulder injury and he's only 5'10". i think his offensive instincts are excellent. he looks a little timid going into the corners but that will change with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->