Anyone have any info on Raitis Ivanans?

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Colton Orr hasn't just been hit on the head I've seen him knocked out or at least dropped 4 times in the past two years. Shelly got him good, a Penguin dropped him, Carkner dropped him, Parros KO'd him.

And you think it's safe for him to keep trading punches to the head?

I would like to clarify: Shelley tagged him good yes - KO? No, Engelland on Pittsburgh really nailed him - KO - likely, as he missed at least one game after. Carkner - again, he punched Orr right in the eye - had a nice shiner, but didn't miss a game - no a KO. The Parros one that ended his season - Yes Orr was KO'd, but it certainly wasn't from the fight, it was having Parros land on top of him when they fell and Orr went face first, plus Parros weight on top of it.

Is it the end of the "enforcer"......? Hard to say. I love a good fight, always have, always will, but there are times (especially in junior (OHL)), where it was fight off the draw, followed by another, and another, and another.... it starts to wear on you. Maybe the first fight had something to do with events transpiring in the game, but afterwards - what's the point????? Heck - youtube the Windsor vs. Plymouth series from the '09 playoffs - crazy amounts of fights.

Yes we still need enforcers today, but not to trade punches with the enforcer from the other team for no reason. They need to protect the stars, and police events that might happen. I still don't have a problem with a good fight to swing momentum though.

straka91*

http://www.diena.lv/sports/hokejs/p...kausu-un-pec-tam-spelet-rigas-dinamo-13887889

Traslation:
Playboy: Raitis Ivanāns wants to win the Stanley Cup and then play Dinamo Riga

Latvian hockey player Raitis Ivanāns is committed next season to win the Stanley Cup with the Calgary Flames team, but then agreed to play the Riga Dynamo , the magazine an interview with Playboy reveals an athlete.

"Of course, that is the Stanley Cup. I think that it can win in nākamsezon with the Flames team. If they do increase in summer stock, it is real. But I have always said that I wanted to play in this league as long as the health and age will be allowed, "the story of R. Ivanāns.

Then he would consider playing in Riga Dynamo : "The next season, definitely not, because I have a contract with the Flames. But at the end ... if you call, why not? Of course, like to play in Riga. "

He also wants to return to the ranks of the Latvian team, which played only one Championship, where he has not given the opportunity to prove themselves, and then no longer be called as a coach he is not trusted."Go to me is very important. Put on Latvian national team shirt is abnormally nice. "
At the same time to return to the life of Latvian R. Ivanāns does not intend to. "To live in Riga, I will not go, but season or two here would like to play great. Latvia but it is my home. Do I find it hard to come home? When I come to the motherland, do not feel that it would be something to miss.Everything is familiar and close. Do not feel it at all, it would have been a long time away. "

Sounds like next season could be his last in the NHL.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Wishing Ivanans nothing but the best with his recovery, but that:

Playboy: Raitis Ivanāns wants to win the Stanley Cup and then play Dinamo Riga

Latvian hockey player Raitis Ivanāns is committed next season to win the Stanley Cup with the Calgary Flames team, but then agreed to play the Riga Dynamo , the magazine an interview with Playboy reveals an athlete.

"Of course, that is the Stanley Cup. I think that it can win in nākamsezon with the Flames team. If they do increase in summer stock, it is real. But I have always said that I wanted to play in this league as long as the health and age will be allowed, "the story of R. Ivanāns.

Then he would consider playing in Riga Dynamo : "The next season, definitely not, because I have a contract with the Flames. But at the end ... if you call, why not? Of course, like to play in Riga. "

He also wants to return to the ranks of the Latvian team, which played only one Championship, where he has not given the opportunity to prove themselves, and then no longer be called as a coach he is not trusted."Go to me is very important. Put on Latvian national team shirt is abnormally nice. "
At the same time to return to the life of Latvian R. Ivanāns does not intend to. "To live in Riga, I will not go, but season or two here would like to play great. Latvia but it is my home. Do I find it hard to come home? When I come to the motherland, do not feel that it would be something to miss.Everything is familiar and close. Do not feel it at all, it would have been a long time away. "

is worth a serious LOL.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'm not really sure the Flames would want him back. They'd be better off giving his roster spot to a Bouma or Nemisz.

With one year left on his contract and the Flames having cap space a buyout wouldn't be a shock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad