Anyone have an idea of where the Indiana Ice franchise may be headed for 15-16?

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Kind of curious what some people may be thinking here. I know that Port Huron was being talked about late last year but perhaps some people on these boards have heard some rumblings. I have to think that the USHL is really wanting to make this a one year hiatus and not stretch it anything beyond that.....

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
For me a good place would be Peoria - don't think the fans like the SPHL that much plus they would be an instant rival for Bloomington and make a good fit for the league.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Peoria does make sense, but truth be told everything I've heard from fans out there is that they're holding out hope for a return of the AHL or ECHL.

Honestly know clue where else they'd consider. I'd love to see the USHL go into my hometown of Champaign-Urbana, but they lack a suitable rink and are honestly in NCAA or bust mode for when it comes to hockey.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Port Huron wont happen. The Ice looked at that location and even proposed moving there until a more permanent home could be found and the USHL shot them down.

Logical places would be anywhere along I 74...Quad Cities, Peoria or Champaign.

I would hate to see them leave Indy but I don't think the city could support the Fuel and the Ice.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Port Huron wont happen. The Ice looked at that location and even proposed moving there until a more permanent home could be found and the USHL shot them down.

Logical places would be anywhere along I 74...Quad Cities, Peoria or Champaign.

I would hate to see them leave Indy but I don't think the city could support the Fuel and the Ice.

My understanding is that this isn't merely being bandied about with the possibility of them staying, but rather different options are already being looked at for a new home.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Why do I get the feeling that the Ice or going to be dormant for years until an arena is eventually built in the Indianapolis area? Don't think its gonna be a quick fix...The owner seems committed to the area but it seems that it could be a lengthy period of time before a facility is up and running....

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Why do I get the feeling that the Ice or going to be dormant for years until an arena is eventually built in the Indianapolis area? Don't think its gonna be a quick fix...The owner seems committed to the area but it seems that it could be a lengthy period of time before a facility is up and running....

At the very least, the USHL has approved of Skjodt's proposal for Lyceum Pavilion, on Indianapolis's northwest side. So, the Ice will come back when the venue is completed.

The main issue is still what do you do with next season, as the Pavilion won't be ready until 2016.

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
I doubt if it will even be ready by then. Sounds like a large project and so many times large projects are just pipe dreams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad