Anyone Getting Utterly Dis-interested With This Lockout?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I can honestly say my passion for Hockey is at an all time low. I am not sure about the rest of you but it has came to the point where I do not particularly care anymore. We had so much going for us, its disappointing.

The Fuhr*

I have season tickets to the Bulldogs and follow Bingo... I've gone to a handful of OHL games as well.

There is plenty of hockey out there.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I have season tickets to the Bulldogs and follow Bingo... I've gone to a handful of OHL games as well.

There is plenty of hockey out there.

I agree with plenty of hockey out there, I have caught some 67's games, but they personally don't entice the passion that the Senators did. I'm not getting my sports fix, this is just personally frustrating

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
I can honestly say my passion for Hockey is at an all time low. I am not sure about the rest of you but it has came to the point where I do not particularly care anymore. We had so much going for us, its disappointing.

I've been there for a long time. At this point I don't particularly have any expectation that the lockout will end, and it doesn't bother me at all. It feels like the NHL has shut down for the rest of eternity, and I can't be bothered to care.

The good news is I've discovered and rediscovered all sorts of hobbies. I'm reading novels again for the first time in I don't know how long. :handclap:

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

I still have a lot of passion for hockey, but am at an all-time low in passion for the NHL. Either the sides are not talking at all, or shooting off their mouths to the media, or having meetings to decide whether to have a meeting to decide whether to meet. I'm sick of this **** . I don't effing care about the lockout anymore. Talk to me when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered. Until then Fehr and Buttman, eff off. Your 15 minutes expired years ago.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I was never interested in the lockout to begin with.

I also found a new hobby, its called "Find as many youtube vids of NHL hockey as possible".

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I still have a lot of passion for hockey, but am at an all-time low in passion for the NHL. Either the sides are not talking at all, or shooting off their mouths to the media, or having meetings to decide whether to have a meeting to decide whether to meet. I'm sick of this **** . I don't effing care about the lockout anymore. Talk to me when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered. Until then Fehr and Buttman, eff off. Your 15 minutes expired years ago.

My personal feeling is that there is just too much ego involved in the process. Jacobs, Bettman, and Fehr all hope for a legacy that and are causing issues. I honestly don't care about the split of revenues, its the front line workers (whether Office or in the stands) who are not receiving cheques that this is getting bad for. I can personally confirm that I will not be buying tickets this year due to this ridiculous sideshow.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
I've been there for a long time. At this point I don't particularly have any expectation that the lockout will end, and it doesn't bother me at all. It feels like the NHL has shut down for the rest of eternity, and I can't be bothered to care.

The good news is I've discovered and rediscovered all sorts of hobbies. I'm reading novels again for the first time in I don't know how long. :handclap:

Oh I have hobbies but the excitement is difficult to recreate on a students salary.

HankHillC3H8

Oct 30, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I was never interested in the lockout to begin with.

I also found a new hobby, its called "Find as many youtube vids of NHL hockey as possible".

:nod: Same here I go through tons of Sens playoff videos every few months. I think I've seen almost every video from last years playoffs. (CBC montages, goal videos, game recaps, etc)

Here's one I found earlier. Should last you guys about 2 hours:

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
:nod: Same here I go through tons of Sens playoff videos every few months. I think I've seen almost every video from last years playoffs. (CBC montages, goal videos, game recaps, etc)

Awhh I miss hockey again. Dammit over this stupid lockout.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

See...no matter how much I say how much I don't care...I watch this and think back to being at that game and how I was ecstatic after the game and how I celebrated with a few too many bevies on a work night and then coming back here to share in the revelry on the board...

Man...I miss hockey.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
I was following pretty closely up until the talks about saving an 82 game season and starting on Nov. 1st. Once that fell through I just gave up. I still go to the tsn website all the time just out of habit, but as soon as I see the same pictures of Bettman or Fehr or whoever I just immediately close it.

General Granny*

God damn it. I miss this.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
My personal feeling is that there is just too much ego involved in the process. Jacobs, Bettman, and Fehr all hope for a legacy that and are causing issues. I honestly don't care about the split of revenues, its the front line workers (whether Office or in the stands) who are not receiving cheques that this is getting bad for. I can personally confirm that I will not be buying tickets this year due to this ridiculous sideshow.

Couldn't agree more, particularly with the bolded. All the attention is on Bettman, Fehr, the owners and the players, when in reality, the biggest victims are the fans (loss of the game we all have a passion for), and those workers, whose livelihood depends on the NHL being on the ice.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
Got a full refund for my season tickets, so now I don't need to worry about it.

The main issue with this lockout is it is very polarized. You either hate the players or the owners at this point. Personally I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to give the players 50% of my $ for a really long time after this one. Others probably feel the exact same way about giving 50% to the owners.

Either way this lockout is going to hurt the league big time.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
The fans should not attend any games if the lockout is resolved this season. Playing to empty barns will teach them. Seriously.

I had discussed having a fan walkout for opening night. Everyone pays to attend the opener with the intention of walking out and going home at the 10 minute mark of the first period. If it were to happen league wide I think it would send a pretty big message.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Got a full refund for my season tickets, so now I don't need to worry about it.

The main issue with this lockout is it is very polarized
. You either hate the players or the owners at this point. Personally I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to give the players 50% of my $ for a really long time after this one. Others probably feel the exact same way about giving 50% to the owners.

Either way this lockout is going to hurt the league big time.

I don't feel that way.

I hate both sides equally

DohBruins

May 22, 2012
Boston
The fans should not attend any games if the lockout is resolved this season. Playing to empty barns will teach them. Seriously.

I'm all for this idea but it would never work since most of the fans that pay to go to games aren't as hardcore as many who are as in tuned with the lockout. Your average fan just thinks it's part of the game. The rest are just at the games to have a good time.

If we had not had one lockout during Bettman's tenure the NHL would be thriving just as the MLB and NFL. See http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=dw-bettman012907.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
As much as I want to stop supporting the NHL, watching this videos just makes me want to watch the Sens even more

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm all for this idea but it would never work since most of the fans that pay to go to games aren't as hardcore as many who are as in tuned with the lockout. Your average fan just thinks it's part of the game. The rest are just at the games to have a good time.

If we had not had one lockout during Bettman's tenure the NHL would be thriving just as the MLB and NFL. See http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=dw-bettman012907.

If it wasn't for the lockout small market teams wouldn't survive and there would be 0 parity.

"Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN
Under Bettman league revenues have climbed from aprox 400 million to 3.3 Billion last year."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad