Anyone following the OHL Playoffs

DXFlyers

Jun 15, 2005
I live in Philly and the only way I see results is on the OHL website. I was wondering if anyone in Canada has seen it first hand either on TV or at the games. Is London really going to repeat and how is my future Flyer Steve Downie doing?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
London is a favourite, but they're not the team they were last year. Still a good team, but not an unbeatable team. Their series vs Owen Sound is tied at 1, and there is a possibility that London's leading scorer will be suspended for the balance of this round.

In the west, watch for Guelph - they lead Plymouth 2-0.

In the east, Barrie (Bryan Little) leads Brampton 2-1 (Wolski) and looks very comfortable.

Sudbury vs Peterborough - Downie... well... typically Downie. A good share of points, coupled with undisciplined play.

DXFlyers

Jun 15, 2005
Is Downie really a pain? but is he someone you want on your team & can score? He sounds like another Ben Eager. Only problem with Eager is his offense is not so hot right now.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
DXFlyers said:
Is Downie really a pain? but is he someone you want on your team & can score? He sounds like another Ben Eager. Only problem with Eager is his offense is not so hot right now.
If Downie can learn to control his emotions, he'll be a great addition to the Flyers. BUT, he has a tendency of doing stupid, stupid things that either result in 10-minute misconducts or suspensions.

He plays on the edge, and has the potential to be a first class agitator who can score. In the WJC, he played a smart game, drew a few penalties and was Canada's top forwards, IMO.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
I heard that Downie might be getting suspended again for putting his stick in someones face trying to goad them into a fight? Anyone else hear something along these lines?

skerbud

Feb 28, 2005
yes...downie did get caught again.. but Branch has not made the decision yet.. will be interesting to see what he gets.. Very mentally unstable player..

also on another note... Bolland for the London Knights was assessed a match penalty for kicking another player in the game against owen sound.. Branch also has made no ruling but should come through soon..
A match penalty usually means 4 games for kicking ... at least thats what another player got assess from Branch earlier this year in the OHL.
That would put Bolland out for the probably the rest of the London/Owen sound series. could make a difference.
I guess Branch will have to decide who he wants to go to the Memorial Cup.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
skerbud said:
yes...downie did get caught again.. but Branch has not made the decision yet.. will be interesting to see what he gets.. Very mentally unstable player..
also on another note... Bolland for the London Knights was assessed a match penalty for kicking another player in the game against owen sound.. Branch also has made no ruling but should come through soon..
A match penalty usually means 4 games for kicking ... at least thats what another player got assess from Branch earlier this year in the OHL.
That would put Bolland out for the probably the rest of the London/Owen sound series. could make a difference.
I guess Branch will have to decide who he wants to go to the Memorial Cup.
1. I take it you have credentials, and you've had one on one counselling sesssions with Mr. Downie to make this determination?

2. Assuming that you have the credentials, what label would you put on Mr. Bolland for kicking a competitor with skates on?

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
Schremp didn't lead the Knights in scoring? Damn.

How are the Battalion fairing? Anyone know?

I'm in the same place DXFlyers is, I live in Cali and have no way of realizing how well they are playing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Charlie_Girl said:
1. I take it you have credentials, and you've had one on one counselling sesssions with Mr. Downie to make this determination?

2. Assuming that you have the credentials, what label would you put on Mr. Bolland for kicking a competitor with skates on?

How is he not?

What other players out there scrape their sticks down someone's face on PURPOSE?

Roger's Pancreas*

Jon Prescription said:
How is he not?

What other players out there scrape their sticks down someone's face on PURPOSE?
He lifted up his visor, not trying to cut him with the blade. At least try being a little objective.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
How is he not?
Mentally unstable? Neither you or I, or anyone here, can make that determination. That's a pretty strong statement.

Does Downie play with an edge? Hell, yes. Is he an agitator? Hell, yes. Do I think he acted like a total *** in this situation? Hell, yes. That doesn't mean he's mentally unstable.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Charlie_Girl said:
Mentally unstable? Neither you or I, or anyone here, can make that determination. That's a pretty strong statement.

Does Downie play with an edge? Hell, yes. Is he an agitator? Hell, yes. Do I think he acted like a total *** in this situation? Hell, yes. That doesn't mean he's mentally unstable.

It seems to me that he DOES have a hot streak to him that is above and beyond the normal person's temper. I don't know if that would technically qualify for him being mentally unstable, but it would qualify him for needing some sort of anger management or something.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Jon Prescription said:
How is he not?

Clearly you haven't seen it if you think he scraped his stick down the guy's face.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Here is an article on the Bolland incident. Sounds like a decent chance he won't get suspended, but it is still up in the air. If Bolland is gone, London is a very different team.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Junior/2006/04/10/1528226-sun.html

"The (linesman) tried to get me out of there and he sort of spun me around. I sort of lost balance on one foot, turned around to look where Angelidis was and was trying to regain my balance. I didn't intend to hit him or anything."

If Bolland calls that getting off balance, he has some crazy good balance, he should definitely be in log running or some other sport for his balance.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
inferno98 said:
If Bolland calls that getting off balance, he has some crazy good balance, he should definitely be in log running or some other sport for his balance.

If he calls that losing balance, I'm going to run up to someone on the street tomorrow and kick them in the nuts and claim I lost my balance when the cops show up. :shakehead

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
trippyime said:
If he calls that losing balance, I'm going to run up to someone on the street tomorrow and kick them in the nuts and claim I lost my balance when the cops show up. :shakehead

lol, definitely a better analogy

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Can anyone direct me to a site where I can find the link.

I'm not sure why posting links to mpegs is considered something which needs policing...

-fullmetalninja

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Flicktron said:
Schremp didn't lead the Knights in scoring? Damn.

How are the Battalion fairing? Anyone know?

I'm in the same place DXFlyers is, I live in Cali and have no way of realizing how well they are playing.
Sorry... that should have read 'one of London's leading scorers' - I thought Bolland was leading playoff scorers, but I'm not certain.

The Battalion are down 2 to 1 in their series vs. Barrie. Barrie looks very comfortable, but it's still up for grabs.

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
Charlie_Girl said:
Sorry... that should have read 'one of London's leading scorers' - I thought Bolland was leading playoff scorers, but I'm not certain.

The Battalion are down 2 to 1 in their series vs. Barrie. Barrie looks very comfortable, but it's still up for grabs.

Barrie are clicking. But they have to get through Peterborough to go the OHL final, and I think the Petes will outgun and outmuscle them. And the road to the Memorial Cup likely goes through London.

If Barrie does get to the Memorial Cup though, look for Bryan Little's draft stock to explode.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
David Bolland has now released a statement on the London Knights website regarding his suspension. To me he comes across as immature and selfish. Not only does he not own up to the fact that he actually kicked someone with a skate on, but he lays the blame on the linesman. Sure the suspension was overboard, but admit you were in the wrong and start acting like a professional :shakehead

http://www.londonknights.com/default.asp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->