Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
It looks like Bruins for us in round one but they may burn out having to play those extra 5 games on hand to catch up late in the season. Boston has home advantage, but being fresher and rested with nothing to lose advantage Toronto. Chara ain't no spring chicken and McAvoy just went down.

Florida has been hot, we are 0 and 4. It won't last.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Big difference between back then and now. I've been a fan 40+ years and have never felt more confident in the team than I do now. So not worried in the least about any other team.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
But wait, haven't you heard that there's two HUGE games coming up and if they don't go our way, things will get even more tense than they already are. No we're not playing, FLA I think it is and some other team. FLA has 4 games in hand and we should assume they're gonna win them all. When was the last time they won 4 in a row you ask? Um, I have no idea, I'm sure they've done it before, maybe not this season but I'm sure it's happened sometime and I'm sure it's going to happen now, everyone's talking about it after all. And then if after winning they win another 5 in a row while we lose our next 5 in regulation, then we'd already be 4 points behind them in the standings and man that's a big gap to make up with so little time left. Seriously, if we're 4 points behind FLA with 9 games to play, I don't like our chances at all, do you? Well do you?

Last game Florida lost in OT to Tampa... but they won 6 in a row before that. Before their 6 game win streak, they lost 1-0 to us in a game they should have won. They lost badly to Winnipeg the game before that, but then they won 7 of 8 games before that.

They're on a ridiculous streak right now with a very easy schedule.

The Leafs will have a tough time picking up points until Matthews comes back or Babcock gets Hyman away from Nylander/Marner so that they can carry the team till Matthews comes back.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It looks like Bruins for us in round one but they may burn out having to play those extra 5 games on hand to catch up late in the season. Boston has home advantage, but being fresher and rested with nothing to lose advantage Toronto. Chara ain't no spring chicken and McAvoy just went down.

Florida has been hot, we are 0 and 4. It won't last.
The way some people talk about Boston being this dominate team is surprising when you put it into the context the way you explained it. Yes Bergeron and Marchand are very good players. However given Chara's age and McAvoy's injury and the injury to Bergeron, they can easily be defeated.

Reactions: bax

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
They're my #2 team.

Um... everyone knows they have Barkov right? Don't poop yourself. Would love a PO series with them.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Their the Devils and Jackets problem not ours lol. This board needs to chill out sometimes.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm more worried that Columbus is picking up 2 more points. They are the only team I care about at this point. Florida for sure finishing ahead of us now.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
I'm actually rooting for them to knock Columbus out of that last wild card spot. Florida vs Tampa Bay first round? Yes please. Also would be cool to see Luongo make the playoffs before he retires (whenever that may be). An how can anyone not like Barkov?

No chance they catch the Leafs and if they do, we would still likely make it to the post season via the wild card.

Reactions: Liminality

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
Why does this always happen? A week ago it looked confirmed we where gonna be in the playoffs. Now i don’t even think we will make it just due to past seasons.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I want a playoff sweat. And I smell one coming.

I think we'll keep losing and Florida and Columbus will keep winning.

Babcock will be faced with the possibility of an epic collapse and finally moves Hyman down the lineup. We start winning. Matthews comes back and we get a wildcard spot or maybe just pull back ahead of Florida right near the end. Then we go on to win the cup with our full roster and optimal line combos.

Anyways. I see the collapse unfolding... but I think we'll get our shit together before it's too late. Looking forward to the panic that will ensue in a week or two though. That should be fun.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
If:

Columbus beats the Red Wings (Friday)
Florida beats the Rangers (Saturday)
Leafs lose to Penguins (Saturday)

Then:

Leafs will be 8 points ahead of Columbus with 13 games remaining
Leafs will be 10 points ahead of Florida (3 games in hand).

Good thing the Devils lost tonight in regulation. We actually might end up battling the Devils for the last spot.

edit: Devils actually have a pretty tough schedule.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If we callapse, it will be show our young guys lead by Matthews cant play under pressure. Could raise the question if this core is good enough or do we do look for replacements. However I know people will blame Hyman and Babcock because its always their fault.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly I was expecting the Panthers to get 2 points tonight and everyone else should not be surprised since they were playing Montreal who has mailed in the regular season.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If:

Columbus beats the Red Wings (Friday)
Florida beats the Rangers (Saturday)
Leafs lose to Penguins (Saturday)

Then:

Leafs will be 8 points ahead of Columbus with 13 games remaining
Leafs will be 10 points ahead of Florida (3 games in hand).

Good thing the Devils lost tonight in regulation. We actually might end up battling the Devils for the last spot.

edit: Devils actually have a pretty tough schedule.

With Frattin, we might have a higher chance to callapse.

ThrillinPhil

Tdot.
Jan 9, 2011
Honestly I was expecting the Panthers to get 2 points tonight and everyone else should not be surprised since they were playing Montreal who has mailed in the regular season.
We all know Montreal will play their best game of the season next Saturday and buffalo will play like contenders in their remaining games against us. While they let teams like Florida walk all over them. It isn’t fair

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
We all know Montreal will play their best game of the season next Saturday and buffalo will play like contenders in their remaining games against us. While they let teams like Florida walk all over them. It isn’t fair
Toronto does have 2 wins against Montreal so far this season and the last one was that 6-0 win.

As for Buffalo I believe the Leafs won't have a repeat performance like that 1 week from tonight.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
This is so many flavours of hilarious.

14 pts behind with 4 games in hand, OMG it's PANIC CITY!!!!

"We look like garbage" - good point, brilliant analysis. :laugh::laugh:

You assume FLA beats MTL, sure why not? And expect us to continue to lose ground to Florida - why of course you do, why would you expect anything different? :laugh::laugh:

lol. this guy wasn't sure why I assumed Florida would beat Montreal.

GatorDave

Feb 16, 2008
If the leafs go 7-7 to finish up (with 99 points) Florida will need 27 points in their last 17 games.

So they would need to go 13-3-1 to pass the leafs and finish at 100 points. And the play Boston 4 times. If they split with Boston they will have to almost run the table the rest of the year.

Can't see that happening.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If the leafs go 7-7 to finish up (with 99 points) Florida will need 27 points in their last 17 games.

So they would need to go 13-3-1 to pass the leafs and finish at 100 points. And the play Boston 4 times. If they split with Boston they will have to almost run the table the rest of the year.

Leafs just have to avoid a disaster like only winning 3 of the last 14 games or something.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto

If the Leafs go 7-7... that's fine.

I'm more worried about us going 3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->