Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Always the same:

Win a couple and they'll never lose again.
Lose a couple and they'll never win again.

Truer words have never been spoken (and that helps explain talk about a potential 15 game losing streak).

I've decided a few games ago to not get too worked up about any games for the next few weeks as I don't see how it matters much. I hope Matthews comes back healthy soon and then I'll be paying very close attention in the last couple of weeks to see what our form is going into the playoffs. Other than that, for the most part I just want us to stay healthy.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tomorrow night the Panthers are playing the Canadiens so we should expect them to win that game, although let's hope we are wrong about that and the gap remains at 14 points between them and the Leafs.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
not really no, it's highly unlikely, tho with 4 games in hand and a game vs each other, if they win those 4 games and beat the Leafs in regulation they would only be 4 points back today with 13 games remaining. also with them only being 3 ROW behind us I would think they would win the tiebreaker if they did catch us, unless alot of there wins come in the shootout from here on. so while it seems there pretty far back and it is unlikely they win all those 5 games I talked about it could get close near the end of the season.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
no, but the more scary thing that's realistic is the leafs use up andersen down the stretch trying to fend off florida and do, but are tired against boston

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'd be a little nervous if Reimer was the starting goalie TBH.
I only would be nervous because it could be one of those be careful what you wish for situations. However last season we saw how Reimer played against the Leafs in Toronto which is where their next game against the Panthers will be.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
no, but the more scary thing that's realistic is the leafs use up andersen down the stretch trying to fend off florida and do, but are tired against boston
I see you have no avatar.

May I suggest........:D

Eeyore_3.jpg

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think, yes, there could be value to dropping into WC #1. But that would mean that the Leafs were not playing that well down the stretch. This team is not good enough yet where they can just turn on a switch come playoffs. They have to go into the playoffs playing well.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
To be fair the Panthers schedule to finish the season is a bit of a cake walk. I think the only tough games they play are the 4 games against Boston.

Would take a major collapse by the Leafs for the Panthers to catch them though, assuming they win the 4 games in hand they are still 6 points behind (with the ROW tie breaker). So in the last 14 games if they leafs go .500 the Panthers would have to go 10-4-0 or something like that. Definitely not impossible.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Anyone who is worried about the Panthers catching us in the standings should grow a spine. I am relieved to see that most of the people in this thread are laughing at the notion. We beat the Bruins, lose two in OT and then have two bad games. All while missing our superstar #1C. Worried about the Panthers lmao, what a loser mentality. I'm more worried about who we're playing in the third round.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
If Fla catch Tor, I'm going to be very, very disappointed and cranky:groucho:

nonikhanna

Feb 9, 2011
Maple Tree
Pretty sure Florida has their eyes set on the wild card spots rather than us. It's a much more realistic target for them. They might even get into the playoffs and play Tampa

Reactions: thewave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad