Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Dallas was desperate for points as they barely hanging to playoff spot in fierce competition with several teams. Still we laughed at them and took extra point from them. The look on their faces at the end said it all.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Dallas was desperate for points as they barely hanging to playoff spot in fierce competition with several teams. Still we laughed at them and took extra point from them. The look on their faces at the end said it all.

Loved that. Seguin shaking his head. :laugh:

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
It's up to Babcock whether or not Florida passes us.

If he keeps rolling lines like Hyman - Nylander - Brown ... we're not going to win many games.

And as soon as Matthews comes back, we'll be back to normal again too.

But I anticipate that we keep losing until we get some line shuffling (Hyman off of scoring lines) or Matthews comes back.

Had to do a double take and ask my wife if this was still 2018.

Hyman has proven he belongs in the top 6 and is having a very productive year.

Plus he’s a sophomore. Not every young player is a superstar day one. Hyman is tracking to develop into a Marchand.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
We have a 14 point cushion on them, there is no worry about the Panthers whatsoever.

Reactions: Mork

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Plus he’s a sophomore. Not every young player is a superstar day one. Hyman is tracking to develop into a Marchand.
What? Top 6 AHL maybe. He definitely is not a top 6 NHL player.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

Plus he’s a sophomore. Not every young player is a superstar day one. Hyman is tracking to develop into a Marchand

uhhh... as in they both play hockey? uhh... both play left wing? after that i'm not seeing the similarities..

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

I'm with you right up until the Marchand comment. But he is becoming a good player.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Similarity begins and ends with the proboscis.

Reactions: BillDerlago

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Someone that has the skill to play on a top six and not have most of the fan base ***** about it.
What the fan base complain about doesn't always have its basis in rationality though. And how many teams think in terms of top six and bottom six nowadays?

I think Hyman is best described as a complementary player. He can do a certain job up and down the lineup, but he will always be dependent on more skilled linemates to be effective.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
What the fan base complain about doesn't always have its basis in rationality though. And how many teams think in terms of top six and bottom six nowadays?

I think Hyman is best described as a complementary player. He can do a certain job up and down the lineup, but he will always be dependent on more skilled linemates to be effective.
I think the reason why I don't like Hyman in a top 9 role is that he is so dependent on others to get anything going offensively. He just doesn't have the hands shot or vision to really compliment skill players in my opinion. Not many teams play their star players with a grinder. I'd personally (and a lot of others out there) would like it more if Hyman played on the fourth line and killed penalties. We'd be a stronger team for it as Matthews and Nylander wouldn't have plays die in the offensive zone as much.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
What? Top 6 AHL maybe. He definitely is not a top 6 NHL player.

People would’ve made that same remark about Marchand 2+ years ago. He stepped into the boots of Lucic and became a force.

Before that he was just a feisty forechecker.

Hyman is amazing at forechecking and getting possession. He’s still only in his second year.

People forget not every player is Austin’s Matthews. Hyman is getting better each year and could very well end up being a 25g 30a type player. Or better.

The thinking that he’s a bum that shouldn’t be given more than bottom 12 minutes is a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad