Anyone else worried about Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
That 20 point lead is down to 14 after the Panther’s point tonight against the Lightening.

Hmmm-4 games in hand; have you looked closer? 3 home games against Montreal, Ottawa and Rangers coming up this week.

Luongo back and playing out of this world........ Anderson not holding us together like he has all season?

And our Leafs! Did you see how tightly they were holding their sticks against Buffalo as the game progressed, self-fulfilling choke to come? Did you see the prolonged ineptitude in our own zone at times; the “deer in the headlights” frozen reactions?

Sorry, it’s hard to kick a 50 year habit of failure. Remember that incredible choke a few years back in the playoffs with Boston, that third period?

What do you think?
Not even a little bit lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rnd 1: 3rd place team in the league
Rnd 2: 1st place team in the league
Rnd 3: back2back defending champs
Rnd 4: 2nd place team in the league

we're really gonna earn this Cup.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Last night leafs set the franchise record -10 wins in a row at home. Think about it. It never happened before in 101 years.
They played Pit no less and most of the game you would pick wrong team if you were asked who were sc chaps on the ice. And Pit is hot as lava.
That was statement game after mini slump and come P.O. time teams should be worried. I don’t think leafs are playing at 100% power. They surely have couple more gears to go to as last night game shown.
Relax, get healthy, get fresher - this is what P.O. teams do at this point in the year. Even Pleks probably needed some time off due to heavy usage in mtl.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Last night leafs set the franchise record -10 wins in a row at home. Think about it. It never happened before in 101 years.
They played Pit no less and most of the game you would pick wrong team if you were asked who were sc chaps on the ice. And Pit is hot as lava.
That was statement game after mini slump and come P.O. time teams should be worried. I don’t think leafs are playing at 100% power. They surely have couple more gears to go to as last night game shown.
Relax, get healthy, get fresher - this is what P.O. teams do at this point in the year. Even Pleks probably needed some time off due to heavy usage in mtl.
I will admit going into the game against Pittsburgh I thought they could compete with them, I just never expected them to be up 4-0 after the 2nd period and I think a lot of us did not expect that.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Rnd 1: 3rd place team in the league
Rnd 2: 1st place team in the league
Rnd 3: back2back defending champs
Rnd 4: 2nd place team in the league

we're really gonna earn this Cup.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if we faced WSH in the 3rd round, we'll see. Not that that makes the road any easier ...

I will admit going into the game against Pittsburgh I thought they could compete with them, I just never expected them to be up 4-0 after the 2nd period and I think a lot of us did not expect that.

You never expect to be up 4-0 but why wouldn't you think we can't compete with PIT? There isn't a team in the NHL that we can't compete with, even without Matthews and especially when we're playing at home. This is a very good hockey team, may as well get used to it because this is only the beginning.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
PositionMagic # PtsMagic # GMs
3rd Atlantic2010
WC1178.5
WC2168
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

*Based on current standings

Reactions: RedRenegade

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably in the minority but I don't care who they face in the playoffs.
I can easily see them beating any team and just as easily see them going out in the first round.

Reactions: Slot and FishManSam

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I can easily see them beating any team and just as easily see them going out in the first round.
Agreed. We're really good but so are other teams. This won't be easy.
Enough with the hand wringing, let's get on with this.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I don't care too much who we play in the 1st round, I wouldn't mind someone else taking out TB for us though. ;)

Totally agree with the 2nd part. It's gonna be fun to be playing playoff hockey again with a scary team, it's been a long time!

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
LOL this thread is funny. Florida 8-1-1 in their last 1o games and cannot make up points on wild card teams. but ya lets be scared that they will make up 12 points on the Leafs.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
PositionMagic # PtsMagic # GMs
3rd Atlantic2010
WC1178.5
WC2168
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Based on current standings

Thanks. With the magic points, is it some combination of a Leaf win and Florida loss that inches us even closer to 3rd. So for example for each teams next game, a leaf win + florida loss would bring the magic points down to 16? Or is that simplifying it?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Thanks. With the magic points, is it some combination of a Leaf win and Florida loss that inches us even closer to 3rd. So for example for each teams next game, a leaf win + florida loss would bring the magic points down to 16? Or is that simplifying it?

Exactly right Magic #Pts would drop to 16, Magic #Gms would drop to 8.

Reactions: glue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad