Anyone else miss the Can/USA NYE Game?

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'm glad they didn't have it this year. I'm always out for New Years Eve and miss it.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

The Sweden-Canada game was the best game I have ever attended - no matter the results.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Obviously they save the best games for the final day of the prelim round, which happens to be new year's eve. The question is why didn't they put the USA/Finland game on that day?

Pondwaterpierre*

The game was great last night, but I just miss the trash talking around here between the Canadians and Americans as well as Pierre Mcguireisms when USA and Canada meet up.

It felt like it was becoming a tradition on New years eve. Then..poop

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
The game was great last night, but I just miss the trash talking around here between the Canadians and Americans as well as Pierre Mcguireisms when USA and Canada meet up.

It felt like it was becoming a tradition on New years eve. Then..poop

Oh well, I'm happy they didn't serve us Canada vs. Norway on NYE or something similar.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

i like it when we win. therefore, this year sucked. the game was still entertaining .. but it sucked.

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
If people are upset over not having a Canada/USA game, you can blame both teams for appearing in the final last year.

Pool placement is based on previous WJCs.

ItsTheBGB

Borusse!!
Aug 30, 2010
Edmonton, AB
As much as I enjoyed the Sweden game. I dearly miss the rivalry of Canada and the US. The games have pride on the line and the pace is just at a "whole nutha level" as Randy Jackson would say.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Obviously they save the best games for the final day of the prelim round, which happens to be new year's eve. The question is why didn't they put the USA/Finland game on that day?

Switzerland finished higher than Finland last year, they were the #2 seed in their pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad