Anyone else literally love tanning?

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
giphy.gif
Pookie, this behavior is unbecoming of you, to say the least. I've known you for a long time now and I believe you can do better than this. I'd like to invite you on my private yacht for some drinks so we can talk things out.

Cheers,
James

Reactions: Ceremony

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
So

FACT - it’s dangerous and requires FDA warnings

FACT - vitamin D is important.

FACT - Vitamin D is found in food and vitamin supplements as well.

FACT - some people may like the way they look after tanning.

This is the pro tanning argument?
- You're not listening, champ. The warning is for excessive tanning. One scoop of Chunk Monkey won't kill you, but hell if I let my wife eat the whole pint. If a few minutes in a tanning bed was so bad for you, do you really think the FDA would allow them in the first place? :laugh:

- 9 out of 10 people are Vitamin D deficient and they don't even know it. Take all the Flintstones you want, but like I tell my kids... if you want the D, off with the tee.

- I challenge you to look a crying, pale child in the eyes and tell them they will never have the beautiful skin they deserve. Maybe then you'll show a little empathy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jiminy Cricket

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Pookie, this behavior is unbecoming of you, to say the least. I've known you for a long time now and I believe you can do better than this. I'd like to invite you on my private yacht for some drinks so we can talk things out.

Cheers,
James

1. It’s not a yatch

2. Drinking and boating don’t mix

3. Your bathing suit is not appropriate

giphy.gif

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
“God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. And the greater light provided cancer of the skin.

God placed thy sunblock in thy neighbourhood shops so as to protect thyself from the greatness He created.

- Genesis 1:16

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
The Media want`s u 2 believe that Sunburn is bad, but it Actually make`s ur Skin Stronger in the Long run. A new S`tudy Report`s that Sumburn Force`s your S`kin 2 rebuild itselve in2 S`tron`g`e`r, Tanne`r, `n` Swole`r Skin. It Is recommen`d`d 2 get A healthy Dose of Sumburn once every Couple of Week`s 2 Keep up you`re Immune System. "What Doesn`t kill me, Make`s me Tanner." #TeamCrisp

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
I lost 1/4 of my ear to skin cancer.

Up until age 40, I loved tanning. Bring on the SPF 8 *****es.

When I heard the diagnosis and had to have part of my ear removed, I wanted to smack the guy who loved tanning around and tell him to put some ****ing sun screen on idiot.

Vanity is a ***** and you couldn’t be more wrong about the sun and healthy UVA-B rays. Vitamin D? Yeah. But not that ****.
Lmao, @Pookie is literally full of Cr*p. He Clame`s 2 use S`P`F` 8, witch is PLENTY, but Clame`s that he Got burn`d. But u must of been out in the Son for literally hour`s `n` hour`s `n` hour`s `n` hour`s everyday like a Udder Ignoramus if u got #BURNED with S`P`F 8, Since u get 2 stay out`side EIGHT xTIME`S AS LON`G with S`P`F 8 so u would liderally have 2 be TRYIN`G 2 get sumburn, so you`re Storey is full of Whole`s.

GAME OVER. :clap::clap::clap:

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
Lmao, @Pookie is literally full of Cr*p. He Clame`s 2 use S`P`F` 8, witch is PLENTY, but Clame`s that he Got burn`d. But u must of been out in the Son for literally hour`s `n` hour`s `n` hour`s `n` hour`s everyday like a Udder Ignoramus if u got #BURNED with S`P`F 8, Since u get 2 stay out`side EIGHT xTIME`S AS LON`G with S`P`F 8 so u would liderally have 2 be TRYIN`G 2 get sumburn, so you`re Storey is full of Whole`s.

GAME OVER. :clap::clap::clap:
I just wanted to reach out to you as I have read this post and clarify the potency of SPF 8 and what the eight acturally means as I think you need to be more clear about it's meaning because you are both right and wrong depending on the person you are prescribing SPF 8 to:

For someones like you or myselve, you are absolutely correct - we can stay out literally 8 x as long with the usage of SPF 8 because on a day of tanning with ZERO SpFs we can remain in the direct sunlight for ONE (1) hour with no negative burning effects. The 8 literally stands for 8 hours of sun protection from sun-burning.

However, you are wrong if you are talking about a snowflake snow-white vampire person like @Pookie or @Ceremony or @RayP, they would literally be burnt to a beet-red colour if they were out in the sunlight for more than 10 minutes or so unprotected with no SPFs, but if they use the 8 then they would also be able to spend 8 hours with zero burning (theorhetically speaking, as I do not think scientists have tested for their skin-types as the SPF is intended for human applications)

Hope this helps others reading the thread that literally don't "get" the SPF and the 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad