Anyone else find it much harder to score in 19 than 18

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
I am lovin the skating and being made to play positional, but I find it very hard to score goals. I was always more of a defensive player in the previous years, but Im finding being apart of a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Online or offline?

Offline seems to be about the same. Disappointingly, almost every single one of the tricks that worked in 18, also work in 19.

Goalie and defensive AI still remain very poor.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
Yeah, in 18 our EASHL club would routinely put up 5 or 6 goals every game. Lots of 1-0 or 2-1 games this year.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It is and I love it.

Breakaways aren't the gimme-goal they've been in past year's.

The one-timer point blast has been nerfed.

Way more shots miss the net. And if you player has low shooting ability, he's not going to hit the net or score much, especially from distance.

Hasn't increased or decreased the number of wins or losses compared to previous years, but is a much closer representation to how scoring and shooting occurs in real life hockey. It's not perfect by any means, but a vast improvement.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It's the same as every year, it's comical to me how people go through the same cycle and don't pick up on it.

So let me break it down for you guys:

Off the start of the year, it's hard to score, EA has their tuners set high. CPU AI on defence is impossible to get around, so players just don't switch to them. Goalies make incredible saves.

Why? So the average player thinks "shit, I need to bust some packs to get McDavid and then all will be fine!"

Once the pack flux dies down off the start of the year, they revert settings back to normal. All glitch goals and stupid hockey is back. Every single f***ing year since NHL 14 and people still expect different and defend it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad