Anyone Else Concerned With Unemotional Play?

SoTzuMe

Mar 15, 2011
Toronto, ON
That's too easy an explanation to jump to, IMO. That '82 team had no business being anywhere near the finals. The '94 team caught lightning in a bottle with a fantastic mix of grittiness and sheer willpower.

The 2012 team fell short despite being a PT winner and having two Art Ross and one Selke on the roster. They had, by far, the most to work with, and rightfully deserve to viewed as the most disappointing of the three teams that made a run.

The fact that we would call a team that makes the finals "disappointing" really highlights the sense of entitlement that plagues the loud minority in this fan base.

Last edited by a moderator:

King of the ES*

The fact that we would call a team that makes the finals "disappointing" really highlights the sense of entitlement that plagues the loud minority in this fan base.

Some people find it embarrassing that there are soon to be 4 retired jerseys in our arena, with 0 Stanley Cup banners.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

So you're saying that it's not disappointing that such a great team as the Canucks were that season lost in the Cup final after being up 2 games to none and lost the deciding Game 7 in miserable fashion?

Kindly step off your soap box. Absolutely, the team was disappointing in that Cup final.

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Some people find it embarrassing that there are soon to be 4 retired jerseys in our arena, with 0 Stanley Cup banners.

Why is that embarrassing? What's embarrassing is some people's inability to discern between individual accomplishments and team accomplishments.

Dado

If you prefer, it wasn't nearly as surprising to find that team in the finals as it was to find the other two teams in the finals.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
Why is that embarrassing? What's embarrassing is some people's inability to discern between individual accomplishments and team accomplishments.

To be honest, there aren't many Canucks that deserve to have their jerseys retired based on their hockey accomplishments. I love Smyl and Linden but the criteria had to be broadened to justify that honour for them.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Some good intensity and emotion against Nashville tonight, if you ask me. Some people always gotta find something to criticize, that's the real story here.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
If you prefer, it wasn't nearly as surprising to find that team in the finals as it was to find the other two teams in the finals.

it wasnt really surprising the kings, or chicago made the playoffs

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

30 team league now. You make the playoff finals once every 15 years on average. Win the SC once every 30.

Wizeman*

canucks have;

-2 times coach of the year award
-GM of the year
-rookie of the year
-pearson
-2 art ross trophies
-1 selke
-1 hart

multiple division titles
3 Clarence Cambell Western conference Championships
2 presidents trophies (back to back no less)
1 hall of fame inductee (soon to be 3 with the twins)

I think we have done very well as a franchise.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
canucks have;

-GM of the year
-rookie of the year
-pearson
-2 art ross trophies
-1 selke
-1 hart

multiple division titles

Yeah that is good but would it be nice to have that cup;) I just have a question for all of you. Do you think this team needs to go through a rebuild or are they being physiologically effected from game 7?

Also to add to that list we have been in 3 Stanley Cup appearances.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
maybe it's not about the lack of emotion, maybe it's about the fatigue. Perhaps against the blues today, if they didn't part take in the ******** scrums they could have had enough energy to pull out a win.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
maybe it's not about the lack of emotion, maybe it's about the fatigue. Perhaps against the blues today, if they didn't part take in the ******** scrums they could have had enough energy to pull out a win.

Yeah I think they were tired today. If they are to vs St. Louis in the playoffs I see a more stronger start. They are going to fight, throw huge hits that's when it matters, not the season. I believe we can beat these clowns and we will have Higgins and hopefully Tanev back.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
canucks have;

-GM of the year
-rookie of the year
-pearson
-2 art ross trophies
-1 selke
-1 hart

multiple division titles

You mean lately right? Because you can't possibly mean overall... Since in 42 seasons of play the canucks have a losing record in 23. That doesn't mean that the canucks made the playoffs those other years either they just had more wins than losses:laugh::cry:

I definitely agree that lately this franchise has done very well. This is easily the best time to be a canucks fan in this franchise's sad sack history. Easily.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Well, ladies and gentlemen...I would say there was plenty of emotion last night. Scraps, fights, scrums...and we still lost in shoot out. I fear games where we are held to one goal. At least with other one goal leads, we've shaken the opposing goalies foundation, but one goal leaves so little margin for error, and we all know full well even the best teams in the league can take a bad shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->