OT: Anybody work (have worked) for the team?

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
I just applied for a Business Development Executive role (and also a smaller sales role) earlier this week.

I have management experience in both areas and really like the idea of working under the new ownership.

I designed custom cover letters and rebuilt my resume, I'm essentially looking for advice on my follow up. I always like to follow-up on my applications but there was no direct manager contact information. Should I just Google the phone number? Does anybody have any experience and who I should contact? Thanks in advance!

Also if anybody has any job recommendations in any field with good benefits and a steady schedule, I'm open to it. Doesn't have to be sales or Business Development. Thanks guys

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I just applied for a Business Development Executive role (and also a smaller sales role) earlier this week.

I have management experience in both areas and really like the idea of working under the new ownership.

I designed custom cover letters and rebuilt my resume, I'm essentially looking for advice on my follow up. I always like to follow-up on my applications but there was no direct manager contact information. Should I just Google the phone number? Does anybody have any experience and who I should contact? Thanks in advance!

Also if anybody has any job recommendations in any field with good benefits and a steady schedule, I'm open to it. Doesn't have to be sales or Business Development. Thanks guys

I don't know if paw patrol would be the same, but a co worker is on the paw patrol and I could reach out to them if they know anything that might help.

Did you hand deliver the resume or how did you send it to them? Best of luck though, hope you get it. This group seems like they are now on the up.

This is where I work. I've been with the company 5+ years. We were originally under a company out of New York but got bought by a company out of LA about 2 years ago. Commercial real estate company.

If you get in sales you would start earlier, due to the est difference. I'm not sure about other departments, but for my group it's show up whenever within reason, 9am is typically the latest, and 4pm is kind of the benchmark earliest to leave. Very hands off management in accounting. They trust us to do the job. I stream diamondbacks day games, and I sit right next to my boss and never cares. It can get busy sure, but doesn't any job? See if anything is up your alley.

Careers | CIM Group

Reactions: RABBIT

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ

As a hiring manager. Don’t follow up. It’s annoying. Let your resume speak for itself. People will see it and act on it if you’re a fit

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

What are your interests or specialty, in terms of work?

Since you said any field, if you have some ideas of where your skill set fits best, it helps to tweak your resume slightly with each job application.

As an example, if looking for a sales position, update your personal statement to describe sales, and even though you probably know this, some of your resume bullet points should highlight sales experience, if in existence

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I've done more good than bad when doing follow ups.

The job posting should say who the job reports to. Contact that person. They will know more than some HR person.

The neat thing about applying to jobs with NHL teams is you can see if/when they read the resume (if you pay for the premium account). Contact them after they have actually looked at it.

Edit: The other great thing about this job is it would give us (another) set of eyes on the inside!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->