Anybody Watching this Presser type deal at the ACC?

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Here is the link:
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/v2/ext/live/

Very interesting, the season ticket holders are asking Nonis direct questions Henny is there, TL. Its a really interesting thing, I like that they are being so open with the public here and kind of putting themselves in a vulnerable position. Just now someone questioned the Clarkson signing comparing the value to Seguin and Bobby Ryan contracts. Nonis kind of blew him out of the water with the RFA reply.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Just mentioned Cody Franson that they want him back but the number [cap hit] has to make sense.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Thinking about beer prices (as well as other drinks). Well well well.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I missed an unknown amount of it but its quite good. Sadly its over, hopefully they release a full video, if I can find it I'll link it though.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wants to make the 100th anniversary plans very unique.

Wants All Star game and Draft that season.

would be awesome to be in the winter classic as well as a stanley cup.
(since we're listing wants).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't think it's a coincidence that Steven Stamkos' contract expires after 2015-16... :laugh:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I'm hoping all this Clarkson homecoming stuff is going to sway him to come home one day... :laugh:

:laugh: honestly - I think this would be a really good test to see how we treat Clarkson (and on a secondary note; Bolland). these two are are home town guys. media aside (i'm pretty sure any hockey player, or person growing up in toronto realises that the media are dingbats), if they are treated "well" + team performance....

we could be seeing some more (high profile) hometown boys.
honestly if I were Toronto I'd be promoting the hell out of this. (I mean yes, Ideally, I'd like a cup before we turn 100), but I'd be all like "Toronto. 100. Help us Win a Cup. WE WANT YOU!" (ala Uncle Sam).

(i should see this presser LOL)

Penalty Kill Icing*

Wants to make the 100th anniversary plans very unique.

Wants All Star game and Draft that season.

Argos celebrated 100th year in style. A Stanley Cup would be nice. I couldn't care about less All-Star game or entry draft.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Leafs talking to fans? A new videoscreen/jumbotron? Reduction in beer prices?

But, but Leafs didn't care about fans! :sarcasm:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Argos celebrated 100th year in style. A Stanley Cup would be nice. I couldn't care about less All-Star game or entry draft.

well you know - that would be the bestest year ever to do it because

A: we'd be 100
and
B: it would be 50 years since 1967.

two birds with one stone and all of that.
it's gotta be soon. I mean
Rangers were 54
Blackhawks were 47
Detroit 50.

soo.. yes. i'd say 2017 should be our year.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Seriously - watching this.
I am very happy with Nonis. I like how he's saying he's not going to do what was done in the past (and trade for a 33 year old to potentially get high).

heeh on "Jake Mistakes." (but i like how he's sort of preempting it - defense does take a while to grow/settle into the role).

double heh on the board approval question. (I'm wondering who the player was that they could have gotten last year, that had a 45 million cap hit).

I agree on the Cody thing.

i really enjoyed this. Nonis is awesome.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Comment on one of the YouTube videos about Nonis talking about goaltending

Nonis says the Leafs tried to acquire Kiprusoff because he thought they lacked experience in net. Then talks about the decision to acquire Jonathan Bernier, who has only 62 games of NHL experience (42 games less than Reimer) and a lower career save percentage than Reimer. How does that address the lack of experience or improve the Leafs' goaltending situation? Nonis himself says Scrivens performed admirably, so why pay millions more for a backup? And people are clapping at this. What a joke.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

If you think that's bad, don't read the comments on EVERY Facebook post made by the Toronto Maple Leafs page. What a disaster.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Well, at least some in Leafs Nation, are thinking and not just drinking whatever kool-aid Nonis offers them.
P.S.: I only agree with part of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->