Prospect Info: Anybody know much about this Noel Hoefenmayer signing by us!?

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
A decent sized, offensive defensemen. Has emerged the last last two years in the OHL. Saw him play live for the 67's in January and he was a dominant and noticeable player(although he is an over-ager in the O at 21). Not the best skater, but he is coming to an organization that has the personel and resources to help improve in that area.

He's definitely a bit of a project, but he's smart and is a good passer. I think if he gets his skating improved, he could have a chance at cracking an NHL roster. Would be a great asset for the PP. This is a fantastic low risk, high reward potential. Love this signing alot.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
While we're on the topic, does Brazeau stand a real chance to make the big club at some point? Marlies next season? What roles was he put in on the Growlers?

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
While we're on the topic, does Brazeau stand a real chance to make the big club at some point? Marlies next season? What roles was he put in on the Growlers?
Want to know about him too, bc I think I asked about him at the Marlies thread a few months back and from the guys that replied, he is trending toward the right direction

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
For a second was a bit annoyed that I thought we gave him an NHL deal because I have a very hard time seeing him overcome his lack of mobility to become an effective NHLer. But, as an AHL gamble for an NHL team that essentially has no internal cap, whatever.

Barb Underhill has worked wonders with many of the players in the Leafs org.
This isn't just a power/speed issue. This is probably asking for a bigger turnaround than we were attempting with Nielsen. I also can't really think of someone she's turned from a bad skater at the OHL level, to someone who is a passable NHL player for us. Everything about his skating needs to be re-worked, which is almost impossible to fix.

Reactions: Jeypic

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He was leading the Growl in goals last i looked. Not sure how he ranked in the league. He lead the olh in goals last year, not quick but a big train when he gets rolling. Needs skating work but we know he can score if he can not be a defensive liability in the ahl next season.The big project that I don’t know much about either. I don’t even know if he likes to throw his weight around or what the deal is on him

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He was leading the Growl in goals last i looked. Not sure how he ranked in the league. He lead the olh in goals last year, not quick but a big train when he gets rolling. Needs skating work but we know he can score if he can not be a defensive liability in the ahl next season.The big project that I don’t know much about either. I don’t even know if he likes to throw his weight around or what the deal is on him

5th in the ECHL league wide for scoring, 17th for total points.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
For a second was a bit annoyed that I thought we gave him an NHL deal because I have a very hard time seeing him overcome his lack of mobility to become an effective NHLer. But, as an AHL gamble for an NHL team that essentially has no internal cap, whatever.

This isn't just a power/speed issue. This is probably asking for a bigger turnaround than we were attempting with Nielsen. I also can't really think of someone she's turned from a bad skater at the OHL level, to someone who is a passable NHL player for us. Everything about his skating needs to be re-worked, which is almost impossible to fix.
I know it was the Q and not the O but wasn't Gauthier a pretty bad skater when he was drafted?

By no means is Mason Marchment an NHL player but he got some games in before he was traded which was thought of as a crazy long shot when he was signed to an AHL contract.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is strictly a depth move, as his skating and mobility make him a very limited prospect with any real NHL potential.

Don't let the stats fool you as a 5 year OHLer playing as an overager making him among the oldest players in the league and already 21, he would have an advantage against much younger players.

He seems like the defense version of Justin Brazeau, players that tear up the OHL as overagers but skating limitations make them ECHL level players at pro level.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Knowing that Arizona are in love with advance stats darlings, I have to guess he's not an advance stat star?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This is strictly a depth move, as his skating and mobility make him a very limited prospect with any real NHL potential.

Don't let the stats fool you as a 5 year OHLer playing as an overager making him among the oldest players in the league and already 21, he would have an advantage against much younger players.

He seems like the defense version of Justin Brazeau, players that tear up the OHL as overagers but skating limitations make them ECHL level players at pro level.
Fair but Brazeau seemed to do quite well at the pro level this year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I read a article recently ( tried to find it but, I don’t know where i read it) his coach said he got better every year. Worked hard on his game is the long and short of the article. Could be that he is the slow but sure developing type prospect too. Holl type deal.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Knowing that Arizona are in love with advance stats darlings, I have to guess he's not an advance stat star?
Are they? I don't have access to chl advanced stata but over the years, i have not been impressed with the yotes draft picks besides conor garland in 2015.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I read a article recently ( tried to find it but, I don’t know where i read it) his coach said he got better every year. Worked hard on his game is the long and short of the article. Could be that he is the slow but sure developing type prospect too. Holl type deal.
He's also listed on hockeydb as being 6'1" and 196 lbs. Not a tiny signing either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->