Anybody ever see Jeffrey Skinner as a 50 goal scorer?

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
I knew he had talent and capability to be a good scorer but I was thinking at best 30-40 goals somewhere in that range. He's on pace to hit 50+ goals. I know there's alot of season left but man this guy is making mince meat out of goalies everywhere.

Buffalo made out like a bandit in this trade. All they gave up was some guy named Pu and a couple of draft picks.

What is HF Boards take on this guy finally putting on a Super Man suit and playing like a Hall of Famer?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Can't believe the Hurricanes, a team in desperate need of goal scoring, traded him going into a contract year for the equivalent of the change you might find in your car seats. He is and always has been a very talented player. Just one of those talented players who really badly need to play with other talented players.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
After his 18 year old rookie season, the sky seemed the limit really. He earned his spot at camp and scored 31 goals. Only nine 18 year olds ever have scored more.

Since then though it did look as though he would be a guy who puts up 30+ in few of his better seasons, but probably no where near threatening 50 goals.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Playing like a hall of famer???

Scoring is way up this season, half the league are on pace to smash career highs. He’s a good player but some perspective, please
Lol exactly. The guy is 33rd in the league in scoring. HOF'er lmao

Reactions: AvsGuy

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He's had three seasons of more than 30 goals, so he obviously has some scoring ability, but his PDO is 103.7% and his oiSH% is 12.8% (career average is 8.5%). I don't think he will remain in contention for the RR until the end of the season, but he'll easily clear 40 goals if he doesn't get hurt.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
After his 18 year old rookie season, the sky seemed the limit really. He earned his spot at camp and scored 31 goals. Only nine 18 year olds ever have scored more.

Since then though it did look as though he would be a guy who puts up 30+ in few of his better seasons, but probably no where near threatening 50 goals.
He scored 30 three times with horrible centers his whole career in Carolina. He also pretty much singlehandedly got Victor Rask overpaid an absurd amount. Rask has been one of the worst players in the league without him.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Can't believe the Hurricanes, a team in desperate need of goal scoring, traded him going into a contract year for the equivalent of the change you might find in your car seats. He is and always has been a very talented player. Just one of those talented players who really badly need to play with other talented players.

He’s got poor character and he’s soft. They’ve got a new coach, Rod Brind’ Amour. He’s having grit vs. grind practices. There’s no room for a ballerina like Skinner on the team.

:sarcasm:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Nah, he's a 30 goal scorer. He scores 50 goals and the next season he will score 10 goals, so 60 goals for two seasons or 30 goal scorer overall.

Reactions: Regal

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He’s got poor character and he’s soft. They’ve got a new coach, Rod Brind’ Amour. He’s having grit vs. grind practices. There’s no room for a ballerina like Skinner on the team.

:sarcasm:
Grit grind and grapple. Truly at the cutting edge.

As spot on as this is I would still be very wary of giving Skinner huge money and term. Buffalo might not really have a choice in the matter at this rate.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
He could score 50. He can also score 20.

I too remember the “he’s the best thing ever” feeling when he’s rolling. But then there’s bad Skinner, and bad Skinner is really really bad.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He could’ve always scored 50, and to the op question I’d say yes. Always thought he could under the right circumstances which always seems highly unlikely on the Canes. He’s always been one of the purest goal scorers in the league. He needed consistency and linemates that took some of the pressure off him.

One of the best wrist shot releases in the game with accuracy. Scores from all angles. Always has. Good on him.

I don’t think he’ll do it every year by any stretch. He could be that guy who does it once, but that doesn’t take anything away from it.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Nope.

But nobody saw Corey Perry as a 50-goal man either.

Skinner is a fluke. That's all there is to it. And he's going to cash in regardless.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
How does a team drafting lottery picks every year not put together a team to support a guy like Skinner ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad