Any word on when Lessard will sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty999

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Junior will sign tomorrow

A Quebec radio station just talked with his father this morning and he said that junior is going to sign his first pro contract today or tomorrow and a press conference will be hold tomorrow. He didn't say the team but said it was a west coast team still in the playoffs. So i guess it's vancouver, San Jose or maybe we can include Calgary and Colorado too.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Irish_Leaf said:
Does anyone think Toronto might sign him? :dunno: Half the team will probably retire in the next 2 or 3 years so he might get a roster spot.

He is not old enough to fit in the 'Toronto Maple Leaf' mould..... :)

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
marty999 said:
A Quebec radio station just talked with his father this morning and he said that junior is going to sign his first pro contract today or tomorrow and a press conference will be hold tomorrow. He didn't say the team but said it was a west coast team still in the playoffs. So i guess it's vancouver, San Jose or maybe we can include Calgary and Colorado too.

Hmm, interesting that his father would leek details of a signing. Until this can be confirmed I'm quite skeptical. Especially seeing as the poster has a total of 8 posts to his credit.

Matt Foley*

marty999 said:
The team is finally Dallas. Dallas got themselves a great player. Congratulation and good luck to Junior.

Does anyone have a link or something to back up this news? It isn't on either the Stars' or the Univ. of Minnesota-Duluth websites.

Thanks. :)

leafaholix*

No, there's no news anywhere.

He's just posting it everywhere.

Matt Foley*

Leafaholix said:
No, there's no news anywhere.

He's just posting it everywhere.

He probably heard it on ESPN Radio (insert AM radio frequency and city name here). Too many posters on too many sports message boards use that as their source. :shakehead

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The question will be, wherever he signs, whether he'll be able to do anything useful. Will he be good, or like Sejna?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
So.. ok I guess.. Who is he? What is his upside, his position, I don't know nothing on the guy.. But I assume the Stars made a solid signee, no?

leafaholix*

Modano = Dud said:
So.. ok I guess.. Who is he? What is his upside, his position, I don't know nothing on the guy.. But I assume the Stars made a solid signee, no?
He's 23 and was voted the best player in the NCAA.

I read a quote that related his style to Brett Hull.

Great signing... he went undrafted and has developed his game.

www.junior4hobey.com

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
He's 23 and was voted the best player in the NCAA.

I read a quote that related his style to Brett Hull.

Great signing... he went undrafted and has developed his game.

www.hobey4junior.com

Interesting.. I do see he's 23 years old, does he in any shape or form compares to Peter Sejna of the Blues? Or is he bigger, any specific strenghts to his game? Speed, defense, goalscoring/playmaking, etc? Answers might all be there in your link but it won't work, unfortunately.. thanks for your help..

EDIT: Ok, thanks for the proper link ;)

leafaholix*

Modano = Dud said:
Interesting.. I do see he's 23 years old, does he in any shape or form compares to Peter Sejna of the Blues? Or is he bigger, any specific strenghts to his game? Speed, defense, goalscoring/playmaking, etc? Answers might all be there in your link but it won't work, unfortunately.. thanks for your help..

EDIT: Ok, thanks for the proper link ;)
I've only seen clips of him... but I've read "sensational playmaker" and "creates opportunities from scratch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->