Any word on Horton

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He should be in Europe working on speeding up the release on his shot. His problem of holding the puck too long and taking too long to shoot will probably be worse when we start playing again. Might need to play on the 3rd line to mentally get with it.

Plus side is the time off can't be bad for his head injury recovery.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
I'm all for him doing no/low contact training until we have a training camp.

He's got the extra time, why not use it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
He should be in Europe working on speeding up the release on his shot. His problem of holding the puck too long and taking too long to shoot will probably be worse when we start playing again. Might need to play on the 3rd line to mentally get with it.

I believe Horton's wife had a baby over the summer, and they also have a child who's around four years old. Not exactly conducive to moving to Europe, nor for Nathan leaving them and going on his own.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I believe Horton's wife had a baby over the summer, and they also have a child who's around four years old. Not exactly conducive to moving to Europe, nor for Nathan leaving them and going on his own.

Poor excuse (got to be careful so I don't look a jerk disagreeing with that reasoning) chances are she wouldn't mind a couple fortnight trips to Switzerland and he'd be back during their international breaks.

I like Horton I hope he is ready to play when hockey starts back up in a few weeks. Anyways he's everyones pick for the guy who won't get a contract under the new lower cap. Dig up one of those threads and see if you see any other forwards mentioned by fellow posters. Nathan Horton could be playing hockey in any of 30 cities across America next fall he is an upcoming UFA.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Poor excuse (got to be careful so I don't look a jerk disagreeing with that reasoning) chances are she wouldn't mind a couple fortnight trips to Switzerland and he'd be back during their international breaks.

I like Horton I hope he is ready to play when hockey starts back up in a few weeks. Anyways he's everyones pick for the guy who won't get a contract under the new lower cap. Dig up one of those threads and see if you see any other forwards mentioned by fellow posters. Nathan Horton could be playing hockey in any of 30 cities across America next fall he is an upcoming UFA.

Poor excuse?

You don't have kids, do you?

ripley

Nov 14, 2008
Xavi Hernandez of Barcelona, up until recently refused to even contemplate having a gf.
In an interview Xavi told: “A girlfriend is demanding and she is also distracting. I ended my last relationship five years ago. Back then, I was only a reserve for Barcelona. I thought the age was to blame, that I am still young and I have to wait for my turn. It was not the case. Once I ended up with girls, my game got better.â€
This why Xavi has led Barcelona and Spain to every trophy imaginable.

...and here are these other athletes dating willy nilly, getting married...and even stooping to having kids.

How can they play at top level with their focus at less than 110%?

[/tongue planted firmly in cheek]

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Xavi Hernandez of Barcelona, up until recently refused to even contemplate having a gf.
In an interview Xavi told: “A girlfriend is demanding and she is also distracting. I ended my last relationship five years ago. Back then, I was only a reserve for Barcelona. I thought the age was to blame, that I am still young and I have to wait for my turn. It was not the case. Once I ended up with girls, my game got better.â€
This why Xavi has led Barcelona and Spain to every trophy imaginable.

...and here are these other athletes dating willy nilly, getting married...and even stooping to having kids.

How can they play at top level with their focus at less than 110%?

[/tongue planted firmly in cheek]

Some players will do better with only one thing to focus on.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008

I could not agree more. In fact, his release is so slow, he has to shoot "off the dribble" because he gets his shots blocked otherwise. I like the rest of his game, but the slow release holds him back from near-elite status, IMO.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I could not agree more. In fact, his release is so slow, he has to shoot "off the dribble" because he gets his shots blocked otherwise. I like the rest of his game, but the slow release holds him back from near-elite status, IMO.

He's 27 years old. If his shot isn't fast enough by now, playing a few months in Europe isn't going to make it faster.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Poor excuse?

You don't have kids, do you?

It has nothing to do with that this is a guy who could be playing hockey in any of 30 different cities in NA next fall.

So him, his wife, and his kids are hardly tied to the Boston area.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

If you can tell me how playing on many Olympic sized rinks, playing on most nights against many players who can only dream about playing in the NHL will assist in improving the speed of his release, then I`ll support the move.

While nobody can disagree he takes way to long to release, I`ll wager that his 2 young children, and his wife are slightly more important than making a few buckaroos in Europe, unless there`s a "release expert" over there??

I could see it now had he gone there, gotten bonked by some toolbox and suffered, gawd forbid another injury, the thread would be "why didn`t Chia stop Horton from going to Europe":shakehead

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen

If he really was healthy he would have signed a contract somewhere to get back in shape and be ready for the season, even if it's in the ECHL.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Maybe.

But you may wanna keep a firm grip on the soap if you catch my drift.

I was thinking of the Cam Neely method of not settling down until the on-ice career is over. Though I'm sure no one can focus on hockey alone.

He did play Sea-bass, however....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad