Equipment: any waterproof hockey bags?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
gonna need to replace my bag soon and i’d like one that’s waterproof. current one is kind of a thick canvas material but want waterproof so if the floor is wet or i need to wash the outside of the bag or leave it in my pickup and it rains I don’t want that soaking through to my gear. Some say they’re made of tarpaulin which sounds like what I want but google searches say it’s all about the coating put on it? No stores around so have to order online.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
The TRUE Pro Senior Hockey Equipment Bag is advertised as being waterproof.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post direct links here, but the '17 model of the bag (also advertised as being waterproof) is available on Hockey Monkey.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Most if not all of the modern bags have that tarp-like material base on the bottom of the bag, which helps with durability and making a waterproof seal there.

If you want waterproof material throughout the entire construciton of the bag, pretty much look at any 'Pro' version bag.

True Pro, Warrior Pro, Bauer Pro, Sherwood Pro etc are all made of Polyvinyl or waterproof material throughout the whole shell. Those are bags travel teams and pro players use, more durable and waterproof. You're gonna spend a few more bucks but you'll get what you pay for.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Most if not all of the modern bags have that tarp-like material base on the bottom of the bag, which helps with durability and making a waterproof seal there.

If you want waterproof material throughout the entire construciton of the bag, pretty much look at any 'Pro' version bag.

True Pro, Warrior Pro, Bauer Pro, Sherwood Pro etc are all made of Polyvinyl or waterproof material throughout the whole shell. Those are bags travel teams and pro players use, more durable and waterproof. You're gonna spend a few more bucks but you'll get what you pay for.
Thanks, just ordered one of the True ones.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

expy

Nov 2, 2010
They'll only be as waterproof as the seal on the zipper holds. The pro bags have good water proof material for the actual bag, but the zipper is pretty standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad