OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Similar hit in the 3rd , Benn fought Simmons for that hit. Who fought for Kerfoot? No one... I got a theory he is not well liked on the team.

Brutal hit should have been boarding, hitting from behind, attempted murder... something...

You have to send a msg to the refs, you either call the game honestly or you are going to have a long long night.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
We need to stop posting clips of Kerfoot getting demolished.

We all know penalties against Kerfoot don't count. :laugh:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Similar hit in the 3rd , Benn fought Simmons for that hit. Who fought for Kerfoot? No one... I got a theory he is not well liked on the team.

Brutal hit should have been boarding, hitting from behind, attempted murder... something...

You have to send a msg to the refs, you either call the game honestly or you are going to have a long long night.
Or send a message to the other team. you dish out hits like the one on Kefoot. When the opportunity presents itself the deed will be returned no matter who the target is. Glad we have Simmonds to perform this duty.

Reactions: therealkoho

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What about the Simmonds hit on Hughes? That was pretty dangerous so late in the game.
Marner got hit from behind in the game too. How come you missed that one. I’ll go fid that one too i suppose. He was just slammed cross check face first in to the boards right as Matthews scored from his back pass.
I’m not inclined to think we should be returning the favour on hits from behind. I personally think they are dangerous and cowardly. I would like to see opponents eating rights for it though. Its as bad as slewfoot for me.
Refs have to call the game as it plays out. Otherwise its crooked and I’m not accepting fixed games

Last edited:
Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Marner got hit from behind in the game too. How come you missed that one. I’ll go fid that one too i suppose. He was just slammed cross check face first in to the boards right as Matthews scored from his back pass.
I’m not inclined to think we should be returning the favour on hits from behind. I personally think they are dangerous and cowardly. I would like to see opponents eating rights for it though. Its as bad as slewfoot for me.
Refs have to call the game as it plays out. Otherwise its crooked and I’m not accepting fixed games

I agree that hits from behind are an act of cowardice and if the league wanted them stopped, you'd start seeing a steady parade of 3 gamers being handed out. Unfortunately though we don't see the league doing a thing about it, and if the refs don't call them, then something absolutely has to be done about it even if it's as simple as returning the favour! The opposition reaps what they've sown, too bad so sad, I also believe the same should go for that "hands shoulder wide hit into the lower back" crosscheck, except go one better and deliver the crosscheck just above the elbow pad and below the deltoid protector, no matter how tough you think you may be it hurts like a son of a gun, the added bonus is it lasts.

Reactions: Confucius

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I thought it was over....that things were looking fair again....and then, with an almost perfect game from the team and Freddy about to earn a shutout:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I agree that hits from behind are an act of cowardice and if the league wanted them stopped, you'd start seeing a steady parade of 3 gamers being handed out. Unfortunately though we don't see the league doing a thing about it, and if the refs don't call them, then something absolutely has to be done about it even if it's as simple as returning the favour! The opposition reaps what they've sown, too bad so sad, I also believe the same should go for that "hands shoulder wide hit into the lower back" crosscheck, except go one better and deliver the crosscheck just above the elbow pad and below the deltoid protector, no matter how tough you think you may be it hurts like a son of a gun, the added bonus is it lasts.
Haha atta boy give up your dirty little secrets ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I thought it was over....that things were looking fair again....and then, with an almost perfect game from the team and Freddy about to earn a shutout:

Thats so pathetic. Should that guy be making $120,000+ because he’s one of the best referees out there? I don’t think he’s fit to ref 6 year olds. Thats the best eh, cream of the crop right there. Is there a rule you you can’t poke at a puck by going between a players legs now. They are that bad they wing it. The league has to question this stuff internally wow! Its becoming a black spot on the game. I would say it rates right up there with boxing matches being fixed by Don King back just before the fall of Boxing. He had his refs involved in the fix too. When you aren’t calling whats really happening then it’s a fix. Nhl games are fixed. Otherwise most of the calls would be real ha.
This is unreal :)
#3 Schlenker from med hat Alberta at it again Today’s NHL Referees and Linesmen – 2/6/21

Best part is this guy has never refed a Playoff game. He doesn’t ever deserve to make that kind of money as one of the games very worst for phantom calls. I’ll expose this guy every chance i get. He screws us every time. I’ll return the hate ha

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Colin Campbell calls his career a unfortunate mistake, oh wait now, he called the botched goal in the Columbus/ Carolina game a unfortunate mistake. Haha you can probably relate how i misunderstood. Communication problem with my proof reader. Report: Error in NHL's botched review stemmed from video technician
Refereeing under this guy’s tenure are as bad as could possibly be from day one. They are jokes from top to bottom. Is that the lamest thing you ever heard and they still got it completely wrong. Including his B.S media statement. Incompetent call.

Last edited:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

If you pause you can see his stick between his feet. Did it create him going down? No I dont think it did but if your stick is there and the guys feet slide out it's probably getting called. You would be begging for a call if it was the other way.

Reactions: StevenB

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If you pause you can see his stick between his feet. Did it create him going down? No I dont think it did but if your stick is there and the guys feet slide out it's probably getting called. You would be begging for a call if it was the other way.
He put his stick down on the ice and the guy turned on it is another version :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The Marner thing wasn't too vicious, so that is probably fine. That was definitely a trip on Mikheyev though.

What about the Simmonds hit on Hughes? That was pretty dangerous so late in the game.

They at least call that fairly consistently.

I think it is fair. It's not like he fell when the stick was nowhere near him.

Why are you all Sh!t in knots trying to minimize every crap call in this thread. You are wrong man they are all bad calls. Marner getting boarded works ok for you. Ok i see.
Blatantly ignored not missed and this is the take you have ;)

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Why are you all Sh!t in knots trying to minimize every crap call in this thread. You are wrong man they are all bad calls. Marner getting boarded works ok for you. Ok i see.
Blatantly ignored not missed and this is the take you have ;)

I don't minimize every crap call. I minimize the ones that are either legit or not egregious, because there are more than enough which are egregious. You realize that if you complain about the legit calls, they start calling the BS ones.

Stick in feet is a penalty every time, just like a slash in the hands. Doesn't matter if he stepped on it, turned on it, or it accidently went in the skate blade. A lot of it is incidental, but at least they are consistent about calling it. Consistency is what is important.

The Simmonds hit was also dangerous, but likely not called because Hughes turned. We've seen that called before though.

The Marner hit should not have been called. They let up a lot even though it was a hit in the numbers. They are not going to call every hit to the numbers... And they should only call the ones which are actually dangerous, like the one on Kerfoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad