Any upcoming African Canadian/American Hockey Players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTheBrave*

Any upcoming Indians? Cheechoo is the only one I can remember.

If we're going with politically correct terms, wouldn't Cheechoo and others with that type of ethnicity be Aboriginals?

Example.

Arron Asham is Aboriginal-Canadian (Aboriginal/Native)
Prabh Rai is Indo-Canadian (Indian)
Nazem Kadri is Arab-Canadian (Arab)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If we're going with politically correct terms, wouldn't Cheechoo and others with that type of ethnicity be Aboriginals?

Example.

Arron Asham is Aboriginal-Canadian (Aboriginal/Native)
Prabh Rai is Indo-Canadian (Indian)
Nazem Kadri is Arab-Canadian (Arab)

Not if he goes and plays in Europe.

Eaglepride*

so we have Indians don't forget the Eskimos are there any upcoming? *smile*

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
bumped

Weve got a couple beauties on the way with matt dumba and gemel smith. Any chance Gemel sneaks into the first round? Also, does anyone know what Dumba's background is? I find he looks like tiger woods who i believe is part taiwanese, iv been wrong before tho

member 116861

bumped

Weve got a couple beauties on the way with matt dumba and gemel smith. Any chance Gemel sneaks into the first round? Also, does anyone know what Dumba's background is? I find he looks like tiger woods who i believe is part taiwanese, iv been wrong before tho

Half-Filipino and Half-White.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

bumped

As discussed in the Seth Jones thread, Dumba is Filipino.

Darnell Nurse is another African-Canadian

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

When will we have the first ever top end Asian prospect to go 1st round? lol

*100% asian, not half and half like Dumba

I'm not sure what Ho-Sang is considered but I can see that if he is Asian.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Only thing asian about Ho-Sang is his last name. He would fit African-Canadian label much better than the East Asian label.

He's a Heinz-57 if you look at him

Ho-Sang.JPG

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Jamal Watson of the Lethbridge Hurricanes is one guy to watch. Draft eligible 2013, does a lot of things well on the ice. Should double his point totals next season.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Oh and Duclair in 2013.

Could be 3 black players taken in the top 40 with 2 in the top 10, possibly even top 5.

Duclair:
Anthony-Duclair.jpg

Jones:
121207232.jpg

Nurse:
866204.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Pretty sure African-American simply implies that the person is of African descent, but lives in North America, which they are not native too. In that sense, African-American also applies to Canadian's of African ethnicity as Canada is part of North America.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Although I know the OP means black players, there are a couple true African-Canadian players coming up.

Willie Coetzee is an Afrikaner who was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and moved to Canada as a child.

Akim Aliu is born in Nigeria and lived in Canada for much of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->