Any up and Coming Superstars?

FTowwn

Jan 25, 2006
Canada
Tavares = Crosby all over again.
he is just simply awesome, already lighting up the OHL as a 16 year old and did very well last year as a 15 year old and has been pegged as the next great one.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Tavares = Crosby all over again.
he is just simply awesome, already lighting up the OHL as a 16 year old and did very well last year as a 15 year old and has been pegged as the next great one.

To be honest i prefer Tavares style of play to Crosby's, he seems to have the potential to be just as good, but more of a goal scorer...

The only thing about this year about Crosby I find really negative is he isnt shooting enough, he has 36 goals but he has such a sick scoring touch and set of skills, I know hes a playmaer but I think if he would of shot more he could have still had like 70-75 assists with 45-50 goals. I think a guy with that good of a scoring tough should definitely shoot more then he does.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Sorry, but I wouldn't equate Crosby with Gretzky just yet.

Are there any Gretzky's on the way down the pike (meaning someone who will shatter all records and define the game for generations)? Sadly nope.

Are there any Crosby's on the way (super talented high end player who will lead the NHL in scoring for several years), possibly. Tavares is very good but it's much to early to say that he will be the next Crosby.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Sorry, but I wouldn't equate Crosby with Gretzky just yet.

Are there any Gretzky's on the way down the pike (meaning someone who will shatter all records and define the game for generations)? Sadly nope.

Are there any Crosby's on the way (super talented high end player who will lead the NHL in scoring for several years), possibly. Tavares is very good but it's much to early to say that he will be the next Crosby.

Gretzky was in an era where the goalies sucked, 20 goals scorers were replaced easily and games had an average of 8 goals scored in them...

Nobody will shatter his records if the offense in the NHL as a whole doesnt pick up. But to be honest maybe Crosby will be just as good as Gretzky, he just wont total as many points, Crosby is obviously alot more physical.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Breaking record? Skill isnt the problem... the game is.

Exactly, Crosby has the skill set and demeanor to do it, and if he played in an era similar to gretzkys (sucky goalies, 8 goals a game) he atleast get close, maybe break them....

But in the NHL the way it is now i dont see it happening.

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
Exactly, Crosby has the skill set and demeanor to do it, and if he played in an era similar to gretzkys (sucky goalies, 8 goals a game) he atleast get close, maybe break them....

But in the NHL the way it is now i dont see it happening.

No disrespect to Crosby but he will have to pass a ton of guys to get near The Great One.....,not to mention win a bunch of Scoring titles and MVP's..........and people will have to start throwing him outa hockey pools.

You judge a guy in the time he plays and nobody was above his peers like Gretzky.

Stop talking nonsense

razman22

Mar 24, 2006
Wasn't this thread about something other than a Crosby/Gretzky comparrison? Those two are special and don't come along every year or two. Tavares seems like he could be better than a regular superstar but only time will tell. The initial question is so hard to answer because the developement from children to teens to men is substantial. I haven't heard of anybody myself that looks like they'll be another Orr/Gretzky/Crosby but who knows.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
To be honest i prefer Tavares style of play to Crosby's, he seems to have the potential to be just as good, but more of a goal scorer...

The only thing about this year about Crosby I find really negative is he isnt shooting enough, he has 36 goals but he has such a sick scoring touch and set of skills, I know hes a playmaer but I think if he would of shot more he could have still had like 70-75 assists with 45-50 goals. I think a guy with that good of a scoring tough should definitely shoot more then he does.

would you pick tavares over crosby?? my guess. NO.

tisting9

Feb 16, 2007
John McFarland, 1992 on the Toronto Junior Canadiens is supposed to be a very hot prospects. Very complete game and skill set, only weakness is discipline, may get OHL exceptional status this year.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
would you pick tavares over crosby?? my guess. NO.

I never would, and thats not what i meant. What I meant is i would be a bigger fan of Tavares and I prefer his style of play, he shoots and scores, Crosby passes and assists..

Crosby is obviously better (duh) and would go over Tavares.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I never would, and thats not what i meant. What I meant is i would be a bigger fan of Tavares and I prefer his style of play, he shoots and scores, Crosby passes and assists..

Crosby is obviously better (duh) and would go over Tavares.

yeah. thats what i thought;)

personally im a big fan of great playmakers. i also like the danglers a lot.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
yeah. thats what i thought;)

personally im a big fan of great playmakers. i also like the danglers a lot.

Well I'm a fan of big goal scorers, and big guys who can use their size to dominate...

I really like guys like Heatley, Iginla.. they are also very capable of making plays but they shoot alot and think about scoring...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->