Any truth to Chesnokov report?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Maybe a few days ago it was true. Right now it looks like Lukoil will sponsor them. And KHL has been paying salaries and road expenses, that is true.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Maybe a few days ago it was true. Right now it looks like Lukoil will sponsor them. And KHL has been paying salaries and road expenses, that is true.

I believe more teams gonna bleed if the league continue with it's ridiculous expansions plans.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I believe more teams gonna bleed if the league continue with it's ridiculous expansions plans.

oh yeah...the idea is to substitute financially "weak" Russian clubs for self-sufficient European clubs, but there's not European club that can exist in this arm-race without Russian money. So then I ask myself a question - why spend Russian money on some other than Russian clubs...sort of a dead-end expansion. As soon as Russian money goes, so will the European club.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
oh yeah...the idea is to substitute financially "weak" Russian clubs for self-sufficient European clubs, but there's not European club that can exist in this arm-race without Russian money. So then I ask myself a question - why spend Russian money on some other than Russian clubs...sort of a dead-end expansion. As soon as Russian money goes, so will the European club.

This. Once again, I feel they should stop "competing with the NHL" and focus on creating a healthy leagues where above all Russian teams can exist. To accomplish that, they should lower the salary cap for a few years and then evaluate whether it's a level teams can make profit. If they could achieve that, then it would be easier to attract other European clubs.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013

It depends on the club. Sparta has almost a 10 mil budget. DEL teams im sure have above 10 mil budget. And besides if its a foreign club the russian capital doesnt have to be so high to make the club competitive because the club has its on local sponsors already and may get some additional ones. And the local sponsors, if the club has multiyear contracts with them, can add up through time. Russian new club will need the whole thing from the russian firms. Besides KHL wants increase in quality, and not to water i down. Well this is OFC my opinion, and no matter what anyone says on this forum KHL will do what it wants lol:D

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
It depends on the club. Sparta has almost a 10 mil budget. DEL teams im sure have above 10 mil budget. And besides if its a foreign club the russian capital doesnt have to be so high to make the club competitive because the club has its on local sponsors already and may get some additional ones. And the local sponsors, if the club has multiyear contracts with them, can add up through time. Russian new club will need the whole thing from the russian firms. Besides KHL wants increase in quality, and not to water i down. Well this is OFC my opinion, and no matter what anyone says on this forum KHL will do what it wants lol:D

And they are wrong. The gonna water down the european talent pool, by making european leagues weaker. And dilut The KHL, because we don't have enough players to fill all those teams with proper talent.

By the way, even The NHL have to many teams IMO.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
And they are wrong. The gonna water down the european talent pool, by making european leagues weaker. And dilut The KHL, because we don't have enough players to fill all those teams with proper talent.

How are they going to water down the European talent pool? I'd say it's the opposite.

TemplateR

Jan 4, 2014
Dortmund

NHL have to many teams? What about the coming "Champions Hockey League"? They have 10 Teams more than NHL.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
yeh but CHL doesnt have a level of player same in each club, the difference is pretty big. Not to mention the overall lvl of game quality is higher in KHL or NHL or even SHL than in CHL by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad