Any tough guys?

membleypeg

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
What are the chances of finding a quality tough guy in this year's draft. Are there any big bruisers who can skate and play a quality checking game? Are there any mean power forwards that are projected to be drafted in the first few rounds? Bonus points for those that can throw them. Thanks for any info.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
What are the chances of finding a quality tough guy in this year's draft. Are there any big bruisers who can skate and play a quality checking game? Are there any mean power forwards that are projected to be drafted in the first few rounds? Bonus points for those that can throw them. Thanks for any info.

Someone might consider Akim Aliu a guy that fits that mold.

Colton Gillies could turn out to be a mean power guy.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Anthony Peluso is probably the best enforcer coming out of the draft...but i'm not so sure he can skate backwards!!! JK- He definately has potential.

jbb21

Feb 11, 2007
Anthony Peluso is probably the best enforcer coming out of the draft...but i'm not so sure he can skate backwards!!! JK- He definately has potential.

No idea if he can play, but he has KO power and is already 6'4" 230. I'm hoping the Caps will take him.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
Mike Repik and Spencer Machacek, they arent tough like not fighters but they hit with power and they are superb players, both from the don hay vancouver giants which means the first thing you are to do is finish your check it dosent matter if you are a small guy, an import, or even a goalie finish your check.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Someone might consider Akim Aliu a guy that fits that mold.

Colton Gillies could turn out to be a mean power guy.

Jesse, I take it you didn't see Aliu instigate a fight with Justin Wallingford in the 'O'?? To put it nicely, Aliu had something of his handed to him by Wallingford. It wasn't pretty. If you want to put him in this type of category you should find out first if he can actually handle himself in a scrap, because he already has a poor track record. As for a good checking game, have you watched Aliu play at all?? He can skate when he wants to, but you can't be overall extremely lazy to qualify as a good checker. 'Nuff said....

Raisy

Oct 27, 2003
Windsor Spitfires have a couple of guys who I think are eligible for the draft and could be picked.
Richard Greenop and Ryan Baldwin
Both are good fighters and can play well enough that a team might take a chance on one of them.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Jesse, I take it you didn't see Aliu instigate a fight with Justin Wallingford in the 'O'?? To put it nicely, Aliu had something of his handed to him by Wallingford. It wasn't pretty. If you want to put him in this type of category you should find out first if he can actually handle himself in a scrap, because he already has a poor track record. As for a good checking game, have you watched Aliu play at all?? He can skate when he wants to, but you can't be overall extremely lazy to qualify as a good checker. 'Nuff said....

Blue Jays, I take it you didn't read my post. At all.

Notice I said "SOME MIGHT". It didn't say "I" anywhere.

I saw Aliu get whomped by Wallingford. Video is all over youtube. I was saying that I've heard his name mentioned in that breath by OTHER people.

Nuff said.

I would put Gianluca Caputi in this category, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad