OT: Any Shorter Stature/Smaller Framed Rangers Fans I Need Your Help! RE: Jersey Sizing

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Hi all,

I'm trying to buy a new Lundqvist Jersey and have it arrive prior to the start of the Playoffs, but am getting frustrated figuring out the sizing. I was gonna get the official Reebok home jersey, but the sizing for even size small just seems friggin huge! Have a look. 30 inches from the front hanging neckline down? That's like a nightgown no? lol.

1111_Jersey_Sizing_Chart_PREM_2.jpg

Am I missing something here? I have a CCM old home jersey (white, that I love) that's size small and it's maybe only 23 inches from top of shoulder to bottom? Maybe 20 from neckline? 10 more inches just seems ridiculous to me. And 26 inches from pit to pit? I think mine's like 17" or something? Christ, this is a small???

So to any of you smaller framed fans, what jersey has worked for you? If not reebok, something else? I need to know asap!

And mods, I'm hoping you don't delete, cause I really need help with this and want to order right away. I didn't know where else to ask. Thanks!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hockey jerseys aren't meant to fit like a t-shirt. It's a jersey. If you're a small guy, get a small, should fit fine.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Hockey jerseys aren't meant to fit like a t-shirt. It's a jersey. If you're a small guy, get a small, should fit fine.

Thanks. I'm aware of that. The one I currently have seemed like a good fit for a jersey. I of course know they're supposed to be big. But those dimensions, such as 26 inches from armpit to armpit, seemed huge. But hearing a few say that it should be fine just makes me feel more confident in the purchase, since overall it's not cheap.

Time to get my Rangers pride on. It's playoff time baby!!! I'm goin with the Lundqvist jersey since I think it's his time, that it'll be on his back that we get our prize, and that the King will finally get his cup...

LGR!!!

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
OP you should tell people your size (height)...

Also, where do you plan on ordering from? I wouldn't advise ordering from the NHL Shop....

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
OP you should tell people your size (height)...

Also, where do you plan on ordering from? I wouldn't advise ordering from the NHL Shop....

I'm 5'6 or 5'7 (if I stand up straight lol) and about 140. I was going to order from fanatics. Are they legit? I think I got my sons authentic St. Louis Jersey from there last year if I'm remembering correctly.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I am a big fan of pro-jerseys.com

I have a friend that is almost exactly your size and a small fits him well

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I'm 5'6 or 5'7 (if I stand up straight lol) and about 140. I was going to order from fanatics. Are they legit? I think I got my sons authentic St. Louis Jersey from there last year if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm 5'8 and 180lbs. I wear a medium comfortably. Sleeves are a touch long but I just cuff them. My hipster buddies who are similar size to me wear smalls because you know they have to have everything as tight as possible, but I like how the medium fits.

I think you will be fine in small.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Not trying to be rude, but don't they make kids jerseys as well? You might be able to find an appropriate size that way!

Ha! Lol. Nah, not rude. I actually considered that possibility already, but the XL would still be too small. It's only 21.5" neck down, which just wouldn't cut it. Would look too much like a shirt at that point.

I'm just gonna go ahead and order the small, and hope it'll be fine. It's really the sleeves I'm most worried about, because if the rest of the jersey is that oversized, I'm figuring the sleeves will be too. But at this point **** it, I don't really care. I just wanna get ready to sit and watch our journey! And this time, I WILL be at the parade... and with my 9 yr old die hard son with me. It'll be the moment of his life and I can't friggin wait!!!

Blueshirts51

Oct 8, 2014
Astoria
I'm also 5'7 and about 140. I have multiple Reebok premiers that I have purchased from the NHL store, as well as one that I purchased from NHL.com.

The ones from the NHL store fit nicely. Probably a tad bigger than I would like, but overall it's a good fit. I don't know the exact measurements; but, the only thing is the sleeves are a little long. IMO, it's good to have hockey jerseys a little bigger than normal though. The majority of the time I wear them is when I'm going to games in November - April, when you probably want to be wearing a sweatshirt underneath them.

The one from the NHL.com says it is a small - but, it has to be closer to a Youth XL. Everything about it is scaled down - including the name and the numbers. If you want to buy a blank from NHL.com, I would say go for it. But, I definitely would not get it customized on there.

Also - sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone (around 5'7 140 like myself) have an authentic jersey. I have tried on a size 46 and it's definitely bigger than a small replica. I don't know if the one I tried on is an outlier. I'm hoping it is because I have been meaning to buy an authentic for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad