Any Russians from the KHL looking to sign with teams or in the 2016 Draft?

RussianLad

Nov 10, 2015
I know Nikita Zaitsev (D) said he is and he was looking at Vancouver, Toronto etc.

but like last year we were in for a treat with guys like

Panarin
Slepyshev
Plotnikov
Tikhonov

Or even any good Russians in the draft?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Vadim Shipachev and Evgeny Dadonov were both rumoured to be heading to the NHL next season.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
These rumors also circulate about Maxim Chudinov, who's a FA after this season.
Both Shipachyov and Dadonov are signed for one more year, and Shipachyov has repeatedly expressed no interest in the NHL (that doesn't necessarily exclude him moving though).

Come to the Prospects board for a draft discussion, there's a lot of info on young Russians there.

RussianLad

Nov 10, 2015
That sounds great! i shall check out the prospects section and Maxim, i have only joined a few months ago but usually i keep my eye on this section so il look around.

These rumors also circulate about Maxim Chudinov, who's a FA after this season.
Both Shipachyov and Dadonov are signed for one more year, and Shipachyov has repeatedly expressed no interest in the NHL (that doesn't necessarily exclude him moving though).

Come to the Prospects board for a draft discussion, there's a lot of info on young Russians there.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, they seem to be at pretty good places at the moment. I think it would had been the right time for Gusev to try his luck in NA but SKA money were understandably hard to turn down especially considering he's not likely to succeed in NA anyway, really.

Golyshev on the other hand, I think it's way to early for him to leave Russia, he still has plenty of things to improve on at the KHL level and he really wouldn't make an NHL roster next fall so why leave.

I think other than Zaitsev the only undrafted Russian KHL'ers that can leave for NA are the ones that aren't too big to play in the AHL, like Soshnikov did last year.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I disagree that Gusev can't succeed in NA. The guy has great skills.

Yes, it would take time to adjust, but I think he would be successful.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I disagree that Gusev can't succeed in NA. The guy has great skills.

I'm not saying he can't, I'm just saying it's an exception. A guy that small who doesn't play north-south game at all succeeding in the NHL is way more of an exception than a rule.

I think Gusev will come over. He is ready.

He signed an extension for 2 years to come over few months later? Not going to happen.

MaximusT

Dec 5, 2008
was the Radulov extension made official yet? I saw it in the news a few weeks ago but then saw that his agent denied it. Can anyone confirm?

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
was the Radulov extension made official yet? I saw it in the news a few weeks ago but then saw that his agent denied it. Can anyone confirm?
No, it hasn't been. Fedorov made it clear that he has a preliminary agreement with Radulov, but won't bother him with the contract talks during the playoffs.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Any guesses on Gusev and Golyshev?

This is where the differences between the NHL and the KHL come into play. I can't imagine great interest in either of the two because of their tiny size, although of the two, Golyshev is definitely sturdier, tougher and more likely to survive the slots and general small ice environment of the NHL.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I am pretty sure there will be great interest. Teams will be looking for another Panarin-type bargain. I suppose Gusev might not come if Tampa remains really deep on the wing.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Bob McKenzie Verified account  ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 9h9 hours ago

Uncertainty over Prokhorin's availability obviously kaiboshed the Purcell/Schultz trade to LA.

so, Prokhorkin has had a good season and I think his contract is up.
Seems like Oilers wanted him. Any insights?

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Bob McKenzie Verified account  ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie · 9h9 hours ago

Uncertainty over Prokhorin's availability obviously kaiboshed the Purcell/Schultz trade to LA.

so, Prokhorkin has had a good season and I think his contract is up.
Seems like Oilers wanted him. Any insights?

Please no more Russians to Edmonton lol, it just doesn't work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad