Any Runescape players?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't typically find many hockey fans while playing Runescape, so I was just wondering if anyone on these boards plays Runescape. Would be nice to chat some hockey while 'Scaping.

I play Old School Runescape pretty actively, I've just reached 2,000 Total level.

Feel free to add me, my Runescape name is the same as my name on these forums.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Played runescape for so long...I log in every now and then, but don't play nearly as much as I used to. Only play 07.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Holyyy wow! I'm sure you had a hell of a bank with 3k Corp kills and nearly 200 Raids....
Ya, just under 3.1b.

My corp luck overall was average I had 3 ely splits(2 were my drops, 2 were 4 man 1 trio), 1 solo spectral, and maybe 8 arcane splits. Lots of my money was from flipping, I did have good Sara luck but hated the boss. Having satellite internet my internet was too bad for Cerb, zulrah, sire, and the wildy bosses. I basically just did corp, dks, some gw, and then raids with friends.

Raids are basically what caused me to quit unfortunately :(

When raids were initially released I would basically log in, and sit and wait for people to log in to raid with it was just a waste of time so I took a little over a month off of rs.

I came back and then started raiding with friends in our cc and things were going well but over a month later 2 of my friends basically stopped inviting me/other people in the cc. The 3 of us had done probably 1k corp trios prior to raids being released + lots of other bosses over 2 years, I got ely without them and gave them each 10% of my split. They later got 2 trio twisted bows in one day while I was online and I eventually brought up them paying me back:laugh:

That all just ruined the game for me, I set ffa or duo ffa tbow as a goal but doing the math of that was just disgusting. It then made no sense to have potentially $3700 canadian sitting on a game I was losing interest in. I picked one of the top rwt sites and took a chance, I gave them my password/pin/authenticator and hoped I wasn't getting screwed.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Holyyy wow! I'm sure you had a hell of a bank with 3k Corp kills and nearly 200 Raids....
Ya, just under 3.1b.

My corp luck overall was average I had 3 ely splits(2 were my drops, 2 were 4 man 1 trio), 1 solo spectral, and maybe 8 arcane splits. Lots of my money was from flipping, I did have good Sara luck but hated the boss. Having satellite internet my internet was too bad for Cerb, zulrah, sire, and the wildy bosses. I basically just did corp, dks, some gw, and then raids with friends.

Raids are basically what caused me to quit unfortunately :(

When raids were initially released I would basically log in, and sit and wait for people to log in to raid with it was just a waste of time so I took a little over a month off of rs.

I came back and then started raiding with friends in our cc and things were going well but over a month later 2 of my friends basically stopped inviting me/other people in the cc. The 3 of us had done probably 1k corp trios prior to raids being released + lots of other bosses over 2 years, I got ely without them and gave them each 10% of my split. They later got 2 trio twisted bows in one day while I was online and I eventually brought up them paying me back:laugh:

That all just ruined the game for me, I set ffa or duo ffa tbow as a goal but doing the math of that was just disgusting. It then made no sense to have potentially $3700 canadian sitting on a game I was losing interest in. I picked one of the top rwt sites and took a chance, I gave them my password/pin/authenticator and hoped I wasn't getting screwed.

Did you end up getting paid by the website?

That's pretty awesome. I've been doing a good bit of corp and slayer recently. I do a lot of PVM, and mostly slayer and the solo slayer bosses.

My brother hasn't been playing lately, so i've been using his account to AFK gargoyles right now, making me about 700k GP/hour for basically no work.

I'd like to learn how to raid, but at this point people are so pro at raiding that not many people really want to bring along a new guy and teach him how to raid. But oh well.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Did you end up getting paid by the website?

That's pretty awesome. I've been doing a good bit of corp and slayer recently. I do a lot of PVM, and mostly slayer and the solo slayer bosses.

My brother hasn't been playing lately, so i've been using his account to AFK gargoyles right now, making me about 700k GP/hour for basically no work.

I'd like to learn how to raid, but at this point people are so pro at raiding that not many people really want to bring along a new guy and teach him how to raid. But oh well.
I got paid the next day which surprised me :laugh:

For learning to raid watch some guides, then join some like 5-7 person ffa's you will probably get kicked sometimes at the start but you will learn the basics quickly. I could also invite you to a discord with some rs players who would possibly help you learn.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I got paid the next day which surprised me :laugh:

For learning to raid watch some guides, then join some like 5-7 person ffa's you will probably get kicked sometimes at the start but you will learn the basics quickly. I could also invite you to a discord with some rs players who would possibly help you learn.

That IS surprising... lol.

I have a clan that I've started with an active discord and there are a few members we have now that are experienced in Raids, so I think i'll have them teach me without any issues, but I appreciate the offer.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I played in 05-07 before it got enough funding to look more like a AAA mmorpg.

I think there was charm in its lack of high quality. I tried it again this summer out of sheer boredom. If I wanted to play with my character, it had to be on the new HQ server I wasn't interested in. If I wanted 07 RS I had to start fresh. Not worth my time.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I played in 05-07 before it got enough funding to look more like a AAA mmorpg.

I think there was charm in its lack of high quality. I tried it again this summer out of sheer boredom. If I wanted to play with my character, it had to be on the new HQ server I wasn't interested in. If I wanted 07 RS I had to start fresh. Not worth my time.

Yeah, unless you've got a high level of nostalgia for the game it's not really worth the effort. When everyone was still pretty low level in 07RS it was different, but the game is pretty far along at this point.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah, unless you've got a high level of nostalgia for the game it's not really worth the effort. When everyone was still pretty low level in 07RS it was different, but the game is pretty far along at this point.

In all honesty it wasn't that worth it back then. The game was horrifically grindy. But it was a free time killer that everyone was playing.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Anyone still playing nowadays?

Would love to find a few people to raid (only have a 2 KC for CoX lol) or do other various bossing.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This game paid for my entire college degree + investment portfolio

Still have my accounts

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Anyone still playing nowadays?

Would love to find a few people to raid (only have a 2 KC for CoX lol) or do other various bossing.
I still play. I got hacked for a lot of money, but I'm mostly rebuilt at this point. I have about 5 KC at raids, lol

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
It amazes me that this game has been going pretty strong for almost 20 years.

I remember playing the OG game back in middle school. I don't know why but there was something about the crappy graphics and limited gameplay capability that made it super endearing compared to what I see it is, now.

Individual 1

Jan 25, 2012
Get through the early/mid game as efficiently as possible, and get sources of passive income unlocked asap.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Get through the early/mid game as efficiently as possible, and get sources of passive income unlocked asap.
Yesssir! I've been collecting Battlestaves for ages, Seems like the Kingdom of Misc. isn't that good of money anymore, though. Just recently got 99 farming and have done probably about half my rebuild with farming Ranarrs lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad