Any Positions Available?

Al

Jun 24, 2007
Last time I applied to this league for a scout or AGM position, back in 2007 (link), I was fairly new to sim hockey, but assured you all that my interest was not a "passing interest". After receiving very little response, I decided to join another league elsewhere. Since then, I have maintained my position within 2 of the leagues that I had initially linked to in my previous application - the NSHL and the DFHL. I have now been a GM in these leagues for 9 and 8 seasons respectively. I have participated in various other leagues, most of which are now dead, and recently joined the CTCHL, a sister league of the NSHL. I'm hoping that maybe this time my application for a position within the league will be taken more seriously than previously, as I have shown commitment to the sim leagues I have been a part of, and have demonstrated a degree of skill as a sim hockey manager.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I would get in touch with our Wild GM who I know is looking for an AGM. Good way to get into the league and put yourself in prime position for the next opening. You also have to realize that it may not have been a case of your application being taken seriously when you applied before. This is a strong league with very little turnover. In fact I think we've only had one or two in the last year and each year that is about the maximum you can expect.

Last edited:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
To further Matt's point, about half of our GMs have been involved with this league for around 10 years. That's a lot of commitment, not a lot of turnover.

All applicants are taken seriously, but if people don't want an AGM, there's nothing I can do about it as commissioner.

Al

Jun 24, 2007
I would get in touch with our Wild GM who I know is looking for an AGM. Good way to get into the league and put yourself in prime position for the next opening. You also have to realize that it may not have been a case of your application being taken seriously when you applied before. This is a strong league with very little turnover. In fact I think we've only had one or two in the last year and each year that is about the maximum you can expect.

Yeah, sorry. I was just quite frustrated last night after learning that all the jobs I applied for have, yet again, been filled and I didn't get so much as one interview. I must have really bad luck the way things are going for me lately, lol. Didn't mean to sound so confrontational in my post. Thanks for the info by the way. I'll try to contact the Wild GM sometime tomorrow.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Yeah, sorry. I was just quite frustrated last night after learning that all the jobs I applied for have, yet again, been filled and I didn't get so much as one interview. I must have really bad luck the way things are going for me lately, lol. Didn't mean to sound so confrontational in my post. Thanks for the info by the way. I'll try to contact the Wild GM sometime tomorrow.

Best way to get your foot in the door is via the AGM route. In the rare occasion that there are openings, a GM is usually selected from our pool of AGMs.

Al

Jun 24, 2007
Haven't heard back from the Wild GM. Anybody else looking for an AGM?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00