Any players, as many as you want, at $12 million per year x 4 years, how many do you take?

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
**** it, just give me Boston’s 1st line and, Idk, Seth Jones or Hedman.

Panarin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Hedman

There’s a lot of options but I’m taking at least 3. People say it’s not the NBA but I think that’s only true to a certain extent; Teams ride their best players hard in the playoffs.

That’s a horrible team?

Babcock disagrees lol

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
McDavid
MacKinnon
Barkov

Hedman
Jones

I would role those 3 centres for 20mins a night.

Fill the roster with vets chasing a cup on 1 year deals.

Reactions: FinRanger

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Hypothetical:

Seattle is told they can poach any players in the league they want at expansion at a cost of $12 million per year (let’s say on 4 year contracts, so 12x4 for arguments sake).

If you’re GM and offered this, how many/who do you take?

Cap is currently 81.5, so the max you could take is 6 players, leaving you 9.5 million to fill out the rest of the team.

Restriction: You cannot turn around and trade these players: they are with you for the full 4 years.

So McDavid takes a pay cut?

Obviously him.

I will add his best bud, Drai.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
McDavid
Kucherov
Makar

Not an Avs fan, I just think Makar will be the most impactful D in the league shortly. Seth Jones is one of my favorite players, and I think Dahlin is a superstar in the making, but I think Makar will be more impactful.

Also, I think it's bad value to spend $24m on two D-men. One great D-man with a complementary D is better value.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Interesting thought, attempting to build an expansion team. Something like - Steal McDavid, Mackinnon, Dahlin @ 12.5m. (ASSUMED teams I stole a player from still have to participate in the draft.)

Mini Exp Draft: (Assuming not protected, if protected - willing to take some salary to acquire picks.)
Anaheim - Ritchie
Arizona - Hinostroza, unless they wanted to give me something to take Goligoski.
Boston - Rights to Grzelcyk and a prospect
Buffalo - Stole Dahlin. Take Sabotka, or Okposo for some futures (1m retained).
Calgary - Lucic + Futures (lots of futures)
Carolina - Hamilton if they are willing to part with him. Willing to give consideration Back. If not, target Haula.
Chicago - Maata + Futures
Colorado - Bellemare
Columbus - Korpisalo (rights)
Dallas - Bishop

UFA - Sign Tierney

As for available players exp players, I'd want two 2nds to take Lucic. Oilers don't have much upfront and keep an extra D probably, since I got 97. So i'd be forced to take Benning or Russell. Assuming Bishop is not protected, I'd want to go for him. Might be able to sweeten the pot, really depends where they are at in the offseason. I assume McDonaugh would be protected, but if not I'd take him from the lightning, TJ almost surely to be exposed.

Maybe something like:

Forwards
T. Johnson (5.0) McDavid (12.0)C. Coyle (3.0)
ELC (0.750) MacKinnon (12.0) Hinostroza (1.5)
N. Ritchie (1.4)C. Tierney (2.2)ELC (0.750)
Lucic (5.25)Bellemare (1.4)Sabotka (3.5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Defense
Dahlin (12.0)???
Maata (4.0) Hamilton (5.75)
Grzelcyk (2.0)Benning (1.9)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalies
Bishop (4.9)
Korpisalo (1.5)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Cap hit 79.9M. I would attempt to trade Maata for futures or really anything. Sign a couple of cheap defenders for stop gaps. With the current roster, you have 1.6M to fill one spot on RD. not taking into account that I haven't selected players from about 16+ teams (above).

Last edited:
Reactions: Goose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad