Any official word on contract restructuring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I previously read a brief report of undetermined credibility that it would not be allowed, but I haven't seen it mentioned one way or the other the various writeups about the agreement.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
FlyerFan said:
What if they're already under the cap, can they restructure then?

Nope. That would defeat the whole intent. Before re-signing RFAs, no team (except possibly Detroit - $38M for 18 players signed for 2005-06 according to the NHLPA Dec 9 offer, Exhibit 9) would be over the cap. If teams could restructure then, and then sign their RFAs & UFAs, the no restructure limitation would be meaningless.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
kdb209 said:
Nope. That would defeat the whole intent. Before re-signing RFAs, no team (except possibly Detroit - $38M for 18 players signed for 2005-06 according to the NHLPA Dec 9 offer, Exhibit 9) would be over the cap. If teams could restructure then, and then sign their RFAs & UFAs, the no restructure limitation would be meaningless.

Detroit might not even fit under that description as I think that $38m includes an $8 million option year for Cujo that was triggered by performance goals that weren't met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad