Any of you fans switch teams or thinking about it?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The only circumstance would be if for some reason the Canucks packed up and left town. Then I would have to decide if I can bare to cheer for my team in another city, or just give up on the league all together.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Not sure what I’m gonna do when ovi and Backstrom retire I want to say I’ll be emotional invested but time will tell

member 151739

Yay, gatekeeping.

Considering I'm now a fan of two teams, I can say yes. And it doesn't make me or anyone else a lesser fan. Like any team you want. Sports are fun.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Casual fans can switch (sometimes) die hard fans cannot. Sticking with it during the tough times will make it so much better when they finally win. You won't have nearly as much joy if he habs win the cup (bahahaha).

Sadly I'm a browns fan, and about 5 years ago tried to become a Cards fan, was a big Fitzgerald fan. 3 games in a realized I just dont care about the Cards, and went back to the browns and their losing ways.

I dont care what other people do, but I cant change teams.

Last edited:

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I live in Toronto and my Canucks have sucked badly over the last 3 seasons, leafs started becoming better and drafting players I wanted, and that thought has never ever crossed my mind.

I'm a Canuck forever.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Being an Oil fan is truly suffering.

I don't think there is one fan base in all of sports that is more tortured than the Oilers.

Maybe the Vikings.

When your win % over multiple years can be measured with a single digit we can talk.

Signed,
A Browns fan

Reactions: fivesberg

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Wings fan and thats that.
I find myself leaning towards Philly as a team I like, but my blood is red.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
When I was a little kid I did. At first I was a Canadiens fan due to Saku Koivu and Theodore, but then I guess I got bored with that and moved onto loving Miikka Kipprusoff. Though I don't remember ever really caring about wins/losses back then, just that Koivu/Theodore/Kipper played well. If Calgary lost 1-0 in OT but Kipper got 30+ saves and was amazing, I was happy.

Then I remember watching Colorado in the 05-06 playoffs. I always had a soft spot for them (had a Forsberg photo framed on my wall for years before this) but never really got to see them on TV too often, (before the days of NHL.tv and such) and I just loved their jerseys, how loud the arena was, Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay etc. And from then on I was hooked, even during the absolute miserable years it never really wavered.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Been a Leafs fan since I was a lil fella. Slept under Maple Leafs sheets. Loved them through the dark days, love them still.

But yeah I like to talk hockey online. Leaf fans are absolutely unbearable around here, no kidding. Can't talk about my fav team on HFBoards, some gatekeepers on Leaf board were telling me to f*** off :laugh: They told me I wasn't a real fan and stuff like that. Funny cause I've been fan before they were born and these little brats have been following the team starting exactly when Matthews was drafted.

Oh well. I picked up a second team. Canes. Love their style, their players, the fanbase is adorable. I felt like home on their board. Thank you fellas for being so welcoming. It's only been this season's start but I'm already thinking of getting some merch and stuff. Maybe a trip to Raleigh.

-Kevs

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
You can change your house,
You can change your car,
You can change your political views,
Heck, you can even change your wife,
But you can never, ever change your favourite sports team.

Shame!

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Gotta root for the hometown team.

That's what being a sports fan is all about.

It's why I can't get into the NFL. Toronto needs a team for me to be a fan. I just don't care about other cities teams. I've tried fantasy football, tried picking teams I like but nothing works. I know if there was a team in the GTA I'd be a huge fan though.

Reactions: Heart Eater

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
12 year olds switch teams all the time, so you’ll find a lot of supporters here ;)

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I’m 31 years old and was a huge Gretzky fan growing up I have been a kings fan ever since 1992 because of Gretzky. 2012 and 2014 were awesome but ever since I was about 18-19o I’ve just felt like the kings were more of a childhood team and I found myself cheering for the habs more often than not( even tho I cried like a baby in 1993 lol). I have French ancestry and I love the history of the canadiens.

Anyone else go through this? It feels very strange to switch teams but it’s just hard for me to get excited about a team that’s based in California.
Subconsciously I think I have been a habs fan for many years I just havnt admitted it to myself.

From this day forward I now declare myself a Montreal Canadiens fan.

I’ll always use a soft spot for the kings but the heart wants what the heart wants.

So, as a Kings' fan, you are moving on to the worst possible hockey team in the world. Well, good riddance and good luck (not!)

And I don't remember your name from the last 5+ years at least on HF, so no great loss for us there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylo Ren and drs151

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad