Any of you fans switch teams or thinking about it?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Same, if the Canucks doesn’t exist, I probably quit being a hockey fan
I'd still watch hockey. I'd cheer for certain teams too. But it wouldn't have the same meaning to me.

As stupid as it is when I think about it. The Oilers success/failures actually matter to me on an emotional level. That's probably unhealthy lol. And at times I've found myself recognizing that my mood gets too down after a bad performance and need to actively work against that.

I just can't help it.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Listen here bucko.....you just don't switch teams

I find myself agreeing with a Flyers fan.

Hell hath officially frozen over.

MUGNlM2.gif

Reactions: Snakepit and drs151

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I'd still watch hockey. I'd cheer for certain teams too. But it wouldn't have the same meaning to me.

As stupid as it is when I think about it. The Oilers success/failures actually matter to me on an emotional level. That's probably unhealthy lol. And at times I've found myself recognizing that my mood gets too down after a bad performance and need to actively work against that.

I just can't help it.

The amazing thing is the positivity on the Oilers board when things are going right (like right now). You guys have been the worst-run franchise the past ten years, but the fans are truly faithful and die-hard and pick themselves up when they're down. By comparison on the Sharks board, even if the Sharks win, the tone is "well yea we won, but if we keep letting the opponent win battles here and battle there, we will lose eventually." It's so glass half-empty sometimes.
Trust the Pro-cess, brother.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I find myself more a fan of players than I am of teams as I get older.

I'll still be psyched if Edmonton wins a cup though because I know how much it would mean for the city.

Agree with this. Have always been and always will be a Wings fan, but I can't help cheer for the Bruins and the Panthers because I'm also a huge Bergeron and Barkov fan (always loved two way players). Once Bergeron is done in ~5-7 years I'll stop watching the Bruins.

Would never stop cheering for the Wings though.

Rogue Winger

Mar 10, 2018
It is odd for 30 year old to switch his team. Not saying it's wrong, but I see why many doubt it's genuine.

I can understand if a little kid realizes that his favorite team is not the same that family raised him to cheer on, but after you become a fan of the team, that gut feeling stays for life and cannot be reasoned with anymore. Otherwise it's not being a fan, but riding a bandwagon which might last long or not. (I have never been fan of any NHL team, but rode a few bandwagons because following careers of favorite players).

But I guess there could be exceptions...

Reactions: drs151 and Kylo Ren

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
It is odd for 30 year old to switch his team. Not saying it's wrong, but I see why many doubt it's genuine.

I can understand if a little kid realizes that his favorite team is not the same that family raised him to cheer on, but after you become a fan of the team, that gut feeling stays for life and cannot be reasoned with anymore. Otherwise it's not being a fan, but riding a bandwagon which might last long or not. (I have never been fan of any NHL team, but rode a few bandwagons because following careers of favorite players).

But I guess there could be exceptions...

I heard ya man . It is strange, but I don’t think I’ve been a true kings fan for a very long time. It will take some work but I truly feel like the habs are something I will live and die with from this day forward

Reactions: fivesberg

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Wat. The 80s didnt happen?

Think about all the teams with no cups.
Most people in their 30's aren't going to remember the Oilers cup wins. All we can remember is losing in the SCF and management saying fu to everybody and running the team off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad