Any news????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
News means development and progress

that doesn't seem to be how it's done with the WHA....

But within a few weeks, someone will "confirm" that the league will start with "insert number between 3-7" teams.

symon

Jul 16, 2004
Québec
I have no internet source, there's an article in yesterday's «Le Journal de Québec» p.75 (Quebec city newspaper), where they stating that the AMH is not dead, but almost. The several deadlines (arenas, signing, etc.) overpassed made it really difficult for the league to look serious and sign players. Belfour announcement for exemple was 1 month too late. A majority of owners would prefer to sign only players from NHL in lock-out next year ...

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
symon said:
I have no internet source, there's an article in yesterday's «Le Journal de Québec» p.75 (Quebec city newspaper), where they stating that the AMH is not dead, but almost. The several deadlines (arenas, signing, etc.) overpassed made it really difficult for the league to look serious and sign players. Belfour announcement for exemple was 1 month too late. A majority of owners would prefer to sign only players from NHL in lock-out next year ...

What is AMH?

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Dan Galvin said:
Has there been any news for the league?Or is it dead already? Glowing pucks? Something???????????!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

They should have announced management and coaches by now. Plus, they should have some of those minor league players who used to play in the NHL like Patrick Traverse (as an example). Traverse will never get an NHL job again. Those kind of players would get a pay increase to play in the WHA so some should be signed. Even players like Doug Gilmour should be signed by now. Many Players though - even the ones who mention that they will play in the WHA if there is no season - are waiting for the CBA to expire before they make up their minds. Some might even wait until early October to make sure that there won't be an NHL season. Then they'll start calling the WHA. The WHA probably won't get started until December at that rate.

I just can't understand why nothing is happening with this league. What do they do all day? Sit in an office for 8 hours twiddling their thumbs? It makes no sense. Interview some people for jobs, then make a choice. Takes 2-3 days max. Hand out lots contract offers to players and wait for their responses.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Licentia said:
They should have announced management and coaches by now. Plus, they should have some of those minor league players who used to play in the NHL like Patrick Traverse (as an example). Traverse will never get an NHL job again. Those kind of players would get a pay increase to play in the WHA so some should be signed. Even players like Doug Gilmour should be signed by now. Many Players though - even the ones who mention that they will play in the WHA if there is no season - are waiting for the CBA to expire before they make up their minds. Some might even wait until early October to make sure that there won't be an NHL season. Then they'll start calling the WHA. The WHA probably won't get started until December at that rate.

I just can't understand why nothing is happening with this league. What do they do all day? Sit in an office for 8 hours twiddling their thumbs? It makes no sense. Interview some people for jobs, then make a choice. Takes 2-3 days max. Hand out lots contract offers to players and wait for their responses.

I can name off about 10 reasons why this thing is where it's at. It's the same reasons i've been laughing at it sinc the beginning. The owners now know this thing is a joke, and they're doing the wise thing in hoping everyone forgets about it because it could NEVER work under the way they planned it.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Licentia said:

For all we know, they might not even have offices. They don't have teams, arenas, GMs, coaches, or players, why would they have offices?

symon

Jul 16, 2004
Québec
Yep, the more I see it, the more I think this league is just a real joke and won't last one year even in case of lock out. The only owner who look just a little bit serious seems to be Jean-Paul Boily with Quebec Nordiks. He had offered contracts to few AHL stars, and I think he is the only one to have a GM in place. But, if you like closely to this guy background, he ever tried few years ago to start an IHL team in Quebec city, also a Canadian Football league team and failled in both cases. :help:

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
symon said:
Yep, the more I see it, the more I think this league is just a real joke and won't last one year even in case of lock out. The only owner who look just a little bit serious seems to be Jean-Paul Boily with Quebec Nordiks. He had offered contracts to few AHL stars, and I think he is the only one to have a GM in place. But, if you like closely to this guy background, he ever tried few years ago to start an IHL team in Quebec city, also a Canadian Football league team and failled in both cases. :help:

I'm starting to think you are right. My Google news alerts have gone from a flood to a dribble. It's only August though. Maybe in a couple months. I wish though that they would do something to let us know things are still progressing. This is the worst standstill for the league since last year I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad