Value of: Any news on Kovalchuk?

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
He looked out of place and sooo slow in the series vs the Islanders. Time to open Kovys Korner and sell Shashlyk and Pelmeni ..

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He should come back to the Devils, he's been away from them for a few years, so it would be cool to see him catch back up with all the...Zajac.

Reactions: 24 others

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
He's pretty much done, aside from a potential return to Montreal. He was horrendous for the Caps in the playoffs... handles the puck like a grenade and can't hit the net, let alone keep up with the play. The stats back it up too, he had ONE shot on goal and zero points in 6 games vs NYI.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He was beyond useless in the playoffs for the Caps. He already had a hard time keeping up with the play before the season ended, he can’t handle such a long offseason at his age.

His back and legs are gone, he doesn’t have the speed, the hands and the shot he used to have.

He needs to do himself a favor and retire... for real this time.

Loved seeing one of my favorite players growing up play in a Caps uniform, but he’s just done now.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I mean looking at long term it wouldn’t be a bad idea to swap Byron two year contract for Kovalchuk one year contract. It would clear space for 21/22 when the team need to re-sign a bunch of players.

And then you can roll these:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Kovalchuk Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Lehkonen Evans Armia

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
He was invisible on the Caps. But im not sure if it was the fact that hes not good enough for NHL anymore or if it was the way the coaches used him or maybe he was in a funk, or perhaps a combination of all 3. Who knows but it was brutal watching him get like 1-2 shots on net in 5 games. I think we need to see him play a full season before anyone can declare that he is done in NHL. Some team will sign him for league minimum

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
He looked out of place and sooo slow in the series vs the Islanders. Time to open Kovys Korner and sell Shashlyk and Pelmeni ..

He looked really, really good with the Habs though. I think if motivated/training hard he can still do really well.
I think whoever hires him - they need to get a good understanding of how motivated he is, and what he's doing to stay in shape and be ready. If he's at the top of his game he's still extremely valuable.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
He is done. A spectacular player in his prime, but, unfortunately, it's over for him in the best hockey league in the world.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He looked really, really good with the Habs though. I think if motivated/training hard he can still do really well.
I think whoever hires him - they need to get a good understanding of how motivated he is, and what he's doing to stay in shape and be ready. If he's at the top of his game he's still extremely valuable.

I think in shape isn't the concern, that guy is an absolute freak of nature physically. But it'll take a really good team fit and pushing the motivation button as you said. Still think he can be a good top 9-6 player. Age isn't as much of a factor for players nowadays if they really focus on fitness or have insane genetics, just by 30-35 a lot have other priorities than playing and young players keep getting better and better.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I always liked Kovalchuk and I thought he did well in Montreal. I would resign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->