Any LW for 3.5mill and Under

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Kings are fine on forwards at this point with the kids up and Carter coming back, at some point. King is holding his own and is now tied for second in goals on the team with 5, with Carter and Richards. Williams leads at 7. Maybe King does deserve to be in the top 6 on this team?

I'd rather go after Moulson in the off season. Don't feel like giving up a first for him or a prospect.

Defense: Now that a whole new debacle.
-Run with what the Kings have and AHL? ETA on anyone?
-Trade for an over the hill about to retire D?
-Fork out the goods for a 24 or so year old awesome LD?
-C. Ehrnhoff with his contract..
-Trade for Ellerby?

Ugh, no.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Your right, that is what I see happening too.

Pearson will be worked into the line up.

From the Buff rumors Teddy N said he would "love to have a young grinder like Jordy (JN) on my team, he can be my son my newspaper boy or the kid who works at the general store. If he can play tough solid hockey then we want him on the Sabres".

Ted Nolan is going to have a huge impact in Buff and that team is going to turn itself around quickly. That said look for two or three named players to be moved by them within the next two weeks. There is going to be a very concentrated effort to build the team the right way (Det L.A. etc) without taking any shortcuts until they are ready.

It is a pretty exciting place.

Stoked that Ted Nolan got the job even if it is temp at this point. I just hope that we don't end up trading Nolan. Love what he is doing this year.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yeah, clowns win a cup and go back to the 3rd round the next year. Clowns have us at 11-6-1 so far this season. :shakehead

A monkey could coach us to the plaoffs.

Serious... Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Richards, Williams top 6
Mitchel, Regehr, Voynov, Doughty top 4 defense
Quick in goal

That is a lineup 29 teams would kill for.
If we are amazed this team reaches the playoff than something is seriously wrong with us.

On absolutely every other Franchise the coach would be in question instantly every time not winning the cup.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Your right, that is what I see happening too.

Pearson will be worked into the line up.

From the Buff rumors Teddy N said he would "love to have a young grinder like Jordy (JN) on my team, he can be my son my newspaper boy or the kid who works at the general store. If he can play tough solid hockey then we want him on the Sabres".

Ted Nolan is going to have a huge impact in Buff and that team is going to turn itself around quickly. That said look for two or three named players to be moved by them within the next two weeks. There is going to be a very concentrated effort to build the team the right way (Det L.A. etc) without taking any shortcuts until they are ready.

It is a pretty exciting place.

so cue the ott to la for Nolan + rumours

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Ott would be redundant on this team...Chippy lefty who can put up some offense and STILL takes repeated stupid penalties (albeit reputation calls in some cases)? That sounds like...4 of our players.

Not 3.5 million but Gaborik is reportedly available now.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
so cue the ott to la for Nolan + rumours

Actually no. It seems like a perfect fit but more often than not coaches don't really want their kids on their own teams. It causes locker room politics to happen no matter what. There have been exceptions so it isn't a rule just something you don't see happen so often in pro hockey.

What I have seen happen is that an above average player will be with a team and then their dad's will join the team after the fact but that doesn't happen all too often anyways.

I think we will try to hang on to Nolan until he becomes expendable.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You are aware that Ott can score some and is their captain right?

yes but he does take stupid penalties and doesn't score at the same pace as Molson I could be wrong and they value him more. All I know is id rather him on lw with Richards and Carter then Molson Ott will protect them both and open more space Just my opinion thou

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Actually no. It seems like a perfect fit but more often than not coaches don't really want their kids on their own teams. It causes locker room politics to happen no matter what. There have been exceptions so it isn't a rule just something you don't see happen so often in pro hockey.

What I have seen happen is that an above average player will be with a team and then their dad's will join the team after the fact but that doesn't happen all too often anyways.

I think we will try to hang on to Nolan until he becomes expendable.

I was just saying the rumours would happen but yeah I can see why not. I just want to find something to trade with buffalo other then the 3 kids or 1st round picks I think ott would fit nicely (gives us another criminal type ) also he would then allow stoll to be traded to open a center spot for vey

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I was just saying the rumours would happen but yeah I can see why not. I just want to find something to trade with buffalo other then the 3 kids or 1st round picks I think ott would fit nicely (gives us another criminal type ) also he would then allow stoll to be traded to open a center spot for vey

Yep

It's funny but Stoll to Buff would seem like a really good fit for both teams to me. Ott wouldn't be a bad fit for us but as usual I would prefer one of their ready prospects (hard to believe but Buff has a couple of really solid kids who are ready to go down on the farm). Stoll would give Buff a vet pivot who has cup experiences and is a well liked player by his teammates and a decent D forward to help usher in the youth and Buff has a couple of redundant kids that would be nice to add to our system.

Ott makes a ton more sense from Buff's pov and really even our own but if we could add Mcnabb or Radolov on D or Compher to our group it would make us dominant in a year or two at most so far as depth and talent are concerned.

A lot like the Wings built our young depth would be crazy good rather then just exceptional like it is today.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yep

It's funny but Stoll to Buff would seem like a really good fit for both teams to me. Ott wouldn't be a bad fit for us but as usual I would prefer one of their ready prospects (hard to believe but Buff has a couple of really solid kids who are ready to go down on the farm). Stoll would give Buff a vet pivot who has cup experiences and is a well liked player by his teammates and a decent D forward to help usher in the youth and Buff has a couple of redundant kids that would be nice to add to our system.

Ott makes a ton more sense from Buff's pov and really even our own but if we could add Mcnabb or Radolov on D or Compher to our group it would make us dominant in a year or two at most so far as depth and talent are concerned.

A lot like the Wings built our young depth would be crazy good rather then just exceptional like it is today.

if we could get buffalo to take Stoll it would be ideal but unfortunately I made a offer a while back of him to buffalo and there were at least two replys saying they had no use for him. I agree with you that he would be a good piece for there younger centers to be mentored by him but they saw no value in him shrug The only reason I brought up Ott thou is others brought up Molson and if we trade for a lw I would rather it be Ott then Molson I agree we should try in house first

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
A monkey could coach us to the plaoffs.

Serious... Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Richards, Williams top 6
Mitchel, Regehr, Voynov, Doughty top 4 defense
Quick in goal

That is a lineup 29 teams would kill for.
If we are amazed this team reaches the playoff than something is seriously wrong with us.

On absolutely every other Franchise the coach would be in question instantly every time not winning the cup.

:shakehead

I said Sutter coached us to a cup and two straight WCF berths. That's a lot more than just getting into the playoffs. The playoffs is the least of our expectations.

And for the record, not all of the teams would want our team. I'm sure Chicago and Pittsburgh for two are just fine with what they have.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
:shakehead

I said Sutter coached us to a cup and two straight WCF berths. That's a lot more than just getting into the playoffs. The playoffs is the least of our expectations.

And for the record, not all of the teams would want our team. I'm sure Chicago and Pittsburgh for two are just fine with what they have.

I love the fact that Pittsburgh is fine with what they have.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Why wouldn't they be? Fluery's post-season full Pejorative Slur renditions of course aside.

well I think a few fans might not like the fact of Crosby being injured as much as he has been. same with Malkin but overall your right I don t think most of them would trade rosters defense maybe goalies for sure but forward pitts keeps the same over us. Now I wouldn't trade our forward for their forwards but I m not a fan of having two 9.5 million forwards

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->