Any LW for 3.5mill and Under

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Neither is Carter.

Are u seriously saying that Jeff Carter is as good defensively as matt Molson before he got to the kings. Carter was playing on the pk which shows he can play the defensive mins Molson simply doesn't play. He was scoring goals shorthanded. Carter is way more defensive then Molson. Keep in mind the islander fans call him one dimensional. Matt Molson isn't a two way player imo.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
This team has an entire bottom six made up of physical, defense first stonehands. This team needs a goal scoring left shot, left wing. He provides all those things.

As for Pearson, I to would love to see him up here and given a chance, but this is the same management and coaching team that sent TT down to the minors after camp, despite having a huge skill issue on the wing. Not very likely that DS wants Pearson in the lineup over one of his grinders.

Like it or not playing physical is how we play as a team. Matt Molson doesn't play this way. I agree we need a lw that can score some goals but Matt Molson isn't it. We have our answer coming in the minors. As far as who I trust our minor coaches to develop either Porkins Pearson Kityson or Zykov to play this position very soon. One of the 4 will take the spot an make it there own. If your signing Molson your going to block a prospect from making the team. Also waste cap space with a expensive player where the money could be used to fill a better spot. We have a track record finally of developing players lets trust it to find a solution to it instead of looking outside the organization all the time.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Are u seriously saying that Jeff Carter is as good defensively as matt Molson before he got to the kings. Carter was playing on the pk which shows he can play the defensive mins Molson simply doesn't play. He was scoring goals shorthanded. Carter is way more defensive then Molson. Keep in mind the islander fans call him one dimensional. Matt Molson isn't a two way player imo.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that Jeff Carter isn't a wiz kid in the defensive zone either. PK time can only be counted so much, as some coaches like to use their stars on the PK and some don't. Carter's PK ice time has been high ever since he got to LA, but in Columbus and in his last two years in Philly he was averaging maybe 30 seconds a game shorthanded.

Additionally, when does PK time equate at all to how good a guy is during five-on-five situations, which is where the majority of the game is played?

We aren't bringing a guy like Moulson to be Guy Charbonneau, we're bringing him in to be a goalscorer. As long as he doesn't cherry pick all game, we're fine. The kid seems to be a hard worker and if he is, he'll fit in well in DS system.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Like it or not playing physical is how we play as a team. Matt Molson doesn't play this way. I agree we need a lw that can score some goals but Matt Molson isn't it. We have our answer coming in the minors. As far as who I trust our minor coaches to develop either Porkins Pearson Kityson or Zykov to play this position very soon. One of the 4 will take the spot an make it there own. If your signing Molson your going to block a prospect from making the team. Also waste cap space with a expensive player where the money could be used to fill a better spot. We have a track record finally of developing players lets trust it to find a solution to it instead of looking outside the organization all the time.

Of those four, only Pearson will be in the NHL in two years. Porkins is locked into Russia until 2015, Kitsyn needs a lot of work in the minors and Zykov is still in juniors.

So really, in the system it's Pearson or bust right now. And right now, we don't have two or more years to develop a kid. We are going for the cup NOW. By the time a guy like Porkins is even ready to come back to North America Kopitar's contract is almost over.

LA, if they can afford it, will seek out outside help for that void, not wait for youth to grow and develop.

Face Wash

Mar 17, 2002
Visit site
We don't need LW help... I mean Brown can handle it...he's scored in 2 of 18 games and is on pace for 14 whole NHL goals playing on the 1st line...Now THAT'S production!

Or he could get his head out of his ass, realize he wears the freakin' "C" and play a whole hell of a lot better.

Or maybe DL should float his name again...worked in 2011. :shakehead

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that Jeff Carter isn't a wiz kid in the defensive zone either. PK time can only be counted so much, as some coaches like to use their stars on the PK and some don't. Carter's PK ice time has been high ever since he got to LA, but in Columbus and in his last two years in Philly he was averaging maybe 30 seconds a game shorthanded.

Additionally, when does PK time equate at all to how good a guy is during five-on-five situations, which is where the majority of the game is played?

We aren't bringing a guy like Moulson to be Guy Charbonneau, we're bringing him in to be a goalscorer. As long as he doesn't cherry pick all game, we're fine. The kid seems to be a hard worker and if he is, he'll fit in well in DS system.

He is a lot better then Molson there s a reason islander fans wanted to trade him on here and that is if he s not scoring he s not helping. He is called a one dementional by his own fans. He imo just isn't the right fit as dean would say. I would say Ott would be a lot higher on deans list then Molson. The fact Carter is playing on the pk means he to be he can be a decent defensively since when your on the pk your in the defensive zone. The fact Molson get very little pk time in his carrer to me means he is not at all solid defensively.
Like it or not under our current system if you don't play physical and defensive your not going to get as much ice time and if your not getting ice time your not going to score all the goals. I don't see him fitting in sorry agree to disagree.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Of those four, only Pearson will be in the NHL in two years. Porkins is locked into Russia until 2015, Kitsyn needs a lot of work in the minors and Zykov is still in juniors.

So really, in the system it's Pearson or bust right now. And right now, we don't have two or more years to develop a kid. We are going for the cup NOW. By the time a guy like Porkins is even ready to come back to North America Kopitar's contract is almost over.

LA, if they can afford it, will seek out outside help for that void, not wait for youth to grow and develop.

I disagree with you Pearson will be up by the end of the year or out of training camp next year. (or maybe something like vey and toffoli part way next year). close enuff to one years time. I think Zykov can be ready after spending next year in Mancheaster I think he has got the talent and drive to do so. so two year on him. Kitsyn I agree needs work but with that work he can get there in the same two years. If he doesn't in two years he will be gone.
I think la has a bigger need to replace Regher before they add to the left side imo.
Sutter/Dean seem to like calling the kids up part way thru the year to seemingly improve a struggling team. So I see them finally doing the left side of the lineup in month or so again when we are struggling. I also don't see Dean trading for Molson as he would cost at a min one of the top prospect vey toffoli pearson forbert and a first round pick. Having no 2nd ( toronto' s 2nd not garented) drafting in the 3rd round isn't something I see us doing. So I don t see us trading a first at all. I also think defense is more of a need then lw to me.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I have seen Zykov play in person twice this year and on game tape for the rest and he is an exceptionally talented kid who at times looks like a man among boys out there.

The thing is that at other times he looks like is sort of lost too. Often in the same game.

I see Zykov being assigned to MCH next season and then spend 1 full season before he gets his first call ups. To me he is still 2 and 1/2 seasons away from seeing any NHL time. Once he gets up he looks like a special player but he needs his time.

Peasrson is ready. Same as was Vey Toffi Muzzin King Nolan Martinez Voynov etc when they were at the same points in their careers. Pearson has 1st line talent and plays with a solid edge. Don't get me wrong, the kid isn't a hard hitting drop the gloves kind of guy but he is a player who doesn't shy away from contact and will drive the net too.

We don't need to get an outside LW for our top six. We will have room both on the roster and in cap space pretty soon here (we sort of do now) and hopefully he will come up once everything else is in place.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
We don't need LW help... I mean Brown can handle it...he's scored in 2 of 18 games and is on pace for 14 whole NHL goals playing on the 1st line...Now THAT'S production!

Or he could get his head out of his ass, realize he wears the freakin' "C" and play a whole hell of a lot better.

Or maybe DL should float his name again...worked in 2011. :shakehead

it's very difficult to play better when you are constantly pinned against boards by opponent defenders.

seriously.........
No trade would make sense right now.
We are back at finest Murray hockey. I assume after Murray was fired the team used that relief to start playing real aggressive hockey.
After that Sutter forced them back into pre dinosaur age hockey.

As long as Clowns run the Kings nothing will change.
It really doesn't matter you pin Crosby, Brown or Ovechkin against the boards. They will simply not score.
Best example is Frattin. He came from a hockey playing environment and is facing now Sutter hockey. His production tells us a lot.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I disagree with you Pearson will be up by the end of the year or out of training camp next year. (or maybe something like vey and toffoli part way next year). close enuff to one years time. I think Zykov can be ready after spending next year in Mancheaster I think he has got the talent and drive to do so. so two year on him. Kitsyn I agree needs work but with that work he can get there in the same two years. If he doesn't in two years he will be gone.
I think la has a bigger need to replace Regher before they add to the left side imo.
Sutter/Dean seem to like calling the kids up part way thru the year to seemingly improve a struggling team. So I see them finally doing the left side of the lineup in month or so again when we are struggling. I also don't see Dean trading for Molson as he would cost at a min one of the top prospect vey toffoli pearson forbert and a first round pick. Having no 2nd ( toronto' s 2nd not garented) drafting in the 3rd round isn't something I see us doing. So I don t see us trading a first at all. I also think defense is more of a need then lw to me.

I never said Pearson wasn't ready for the NHL. I said he's not ready to be a top six winger for the Kings, which would be the point of getting Moulson or someone else.

Zykov can't spend next year in Manchester. He has to go back to junior if he doesn't make the Kings because he was drafted out of the CHL.

Also agree I think D is a more pressing issue though, we need a top pairing guy. Mitchell and Regehr right now aren't it.

it's very difficult to play better when you are constantly pinned against boards by opponent defenders.

seriously.........
No trade would make sense right now.
We are back at finest Murray hockey. I assume after Murray was fired the team used that relief to start playing real aggressive hockey.
After that Sutter forced them back into pre dinosaur age hockey.

As long as Clowns run the Kings nothing will change.
It really doesn't matter you pin Crosby, Brown or Ovechkin against the boards. They will simply not score.
Best example is Frattin. He came from a hockey playing environment and is facing now Sutter hockey. His production tells us a lot.

Yeah, clowns win a cup and go back to the 3rd round the next year. Clowns have us at 11-6-1 so far this season. :shakehead

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I never said Pearson wasn't ready for the NHL. I said he's not ready to be a top six winger for the Kings, which would be the point of getting Moulson or someone else.

Zykov can't spend next year in Manchester. He has to go back to junior if he doesn't make the Kings because he was drafted out of the CHL.

Also agree I think D is a more pressing issue though, we need a top pairing guy. Mitchell and Regehr right now aren't it.

If we bring Pearson up there is no reason not to put him in top 6. He is way more capable of playing it then king to me. Ok maybe give him a game or 2 to get his feet wet at 3rd lw but no more then that will be needed imo. So with the more pressing need at d and we really don't have a lot to trade there is little reason to think we will aquire Molson or another lw.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
If we bring Pearson up there is no reason not to put him in top 6. He is way more capable of playing it then king to me. Ok maybe give him a game or 2 to get his feet wet at 3rd lw but no more then that will be needed imo. So with the more pressing need at d and we really don't have a lot to trade there is little reason to think we will aquire Molson or another lw.

I think long term, yes Pearson will be a top six winger. I look at him as the next generation Justin Williams. I just don't think Pearson is ready right now. A third line role is perfect for him in my opinion at this present time.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
With Pearson being called up we will get a chance to see him play against regular NHL competition and will know where he stands. I see him as ready to step in and do a great job given an honest chance which I think will happen.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Please please please please please please please please please. Make it happen Deano!

Not sure where Holden's at lately, but if he was here he could clear things up. I however am fairly certain that he can't be assigned to Manchester due to the fact he was drafted from a CHL team. His only option is to either send him back to the Q or keep him in the NHL.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
With Pearson being called up we will get a chance to see him play against regular NHL competition and will know where he stands. I see him as ready to step in and do a great job given an honest chance which I think will happen.

I hope he gets a chance to play top 6 but for the first game or two 3rd line will be fine to ease him in.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Not sure where Holden's at lately, but if he was here he could clear things up. I however am fairly certain that he can't be assigned to Manchester due to the fact he was drafted from a CHL team. His only option is to either send him back to the Q or keep him in the NHL.

I hope he can make the ahl team but someone like holen would let us know it would be helpful hint hint

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

I know he can't. But rules are meant to be broken. :laugh:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I hope he gets a chance to play top 6 but for the first game or two 3rd line will be fine to ease him in.

Your right, that is what I see happening too.

Pearson will be worked into the line up.

From the Buff rumors Teddy N said he would "love to have a young grinder like Jordy (JN) on my team, he can be my son my newspaper boy or the kid who works at the general store. If he can play tough solid hockey then we want him on the Sabres".

Ted Nolan is going to have a huge impact in Buff and that team is going to turn itself around quickly. That said look for two or three named players to be moved by them within the next two weeks. There is going to be a very concentrated effort to build the team the right way (Det L.A. etc) without taking any shortcuts until they are ready.

It is a pretty exciting place.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Kings are fine on forwards at this point with the kids up and Carter coming back, at some point. King is holding his own and is now tied for second in goals on the team with 5, with Carter and Richards. Williams leads at 7. Maybe King does deserve to be in the top 6 on this team?

I'd rather go after Moulson in the off season. Don't feel like giving up a first for him or a prospect.

Defense: Now that a whole new debacle.
-Run with what the Kings have and AHL? ETA on anyone?
-Trade for an over the hill about to retire D?
-Fork out the goods for a 24 or so year old awesome LD?
-C. Ehrnhoff with his contract..
-Trade for Ellerby?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad