Any LW for 3.5mill and Under

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
If Florida ate some cap for the season Tomas Fleischmann could fit. UFA after the year, makes 4.5

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
There are none.... Any true Top six LW is going to cost over 4 Million.

Well Curtis Glencross comes to mind....But he is a flame for life, and is currently injured.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Fleischmann if the Kings could move a piece and clear the $$. FLA will be moving players out and he'd be a nice catch.
For under 3.5, the faster the Flyers ship sinks , I'd go after Matt Read. High IQ, fast, solid 2 way LW who has been the most consistant forward on thta team since he arrived. GOod hands and positionally sound on both sides of the puck.
And his 3 year deal slides nicely into when Zykov might be ready to arrive.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008
Is this another trade Stoll thread?
I doubt there is a top 6 LW under 3.5 that a team will give to the Kings becuase some team had too many low price top scores

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
nobody worthwhile for cheap. that is why there was high hopes that Frattin with his cheap salary could have possibly fit in that spot.

i posted the top 10 LW's by points the last 3 years in another thread. It's all top end talent that will run $5M+ per season. there is no one out there noteworthy for < $3.5M unless they are RFA's on an ELC. the likelihood of finding a gem like that is very small and would cost the team a significant price

the need at LW for Kopitar is going to change once JW's contract is up. at that time Toffoli will likely move into that spot, which means the LW role will become something closer to JW's abilities. a possession type player with size and grind ability. they will be counted on to create loose pucks and traffic, so Kopitar can set up TT.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
Tanner Pearson 735,833 if ur looking for one for the kings. I think he needs to be tried before we look outside the organization.

yes please. i was talking about outside the org.

Moulson i am 100% on LA going after this summer. if we get lucky they can sign him, Tanner works out and one more prospect like Mersch-Kitsyn-etc pan out, so the LW spots turn into a position of strength moving forward.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Moulson i am 100% on LA going after this summer. if we get lucky they can sign him, Tanner works out and one more prospect like Mersch-Kitsyn-etc pan out, so the LW spots turn into a position of strength moving forward.

Long term sure, but neither Mersch nor Kitsyn should be viewed as a viable option for next year in terms of depth. They just aren't ready, and will need a full AHL year before they can really be viewed as serious options.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Nothing. We won't be trading the pieces necessary to make cap space and any player that fits the OP's mold will be overpaid for. The market just isn't there.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I am not in favour of signing him this summer. He not any different of a player then he was when he was here. We have a lot of lws in the organization coming one of those should get a shot to fill the 2nd lw before going outside the organization. If he was going cheap at the deadline ( less then a first and prospect) I would be ok with acquiring him for the playoff run then re evaluate based on his play.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Nothing. We won't be trading the pieces necessary to make cap space and any player that fits the OP's mold will be overpaid for. The market just isn't there.

This... don't see dumping Stoll or Williams to bring in a 3M LW
Guys that would fit the bill on EL contracts: Nino, Baertschi. They are on EL contracts so they are young and haven't fully developed yet so the question is how do they pan out? Also difficult to trade for. Don't think the Kings have the pieces to pick up a guy on an EL contract without moving Toffoli. So that's a non starter. Which brings us back to where's Pearson? damn game time

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I am not in favour of signing him this summer. He not any different of a player then he was when he was here. We have a lot of lws in the organization coming one of those should get a shot to fill the 2nd lw before going outside the organization. If he was going cheap at the deadline ( less then a first and prospect) I would be ok with acquiring him for the playoff run then re evaluate based on his play.

Matt Moulson had 300+ NHL games of experience and multiple 30 goal seasons to his credit when he was here? Wow, he really did bomb then....

Players change and develop well into their 20's. He was 25 when he left and has nothing but success since he left.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Matt Moulson had 300+ NHL games of experience and multiple 30 goal seasons to his credit when he was here? Wow, he really did bomb then....

Players change and develop well into their 20's. He was 25 when he left and has nothing but success since he left.

My comment isn't ment to say Molson isn't a good player I just don't think he would fit with the kings. He s not a physical defense first player and for that reason I don't think he ll be what we need on our team .

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
My comment isn't ment to say Molson isn't a good player I just don't think he would fit with the kings. He s not a physical defense first player and for that reason I don't think he ll be what we need on our team .

This team has an entire bottom six made up of physical, defense first stonehands. This team needs a goal scoring left shot, left wing. He provides all those things.

As for Pearson, I to would love to see him up here and given a chance, but this is the same management and coaching team that sent TT down to the minors after camp, despite having a huge skill issue on the wing. Not very likely that DS wants Pearson in the lineup over one of his grinders.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This team has an entire bottom six made up of physical, defense first stonehands. This team needs a goal scoring left shot, left wing. He provides all those things.

As for Pearson, I to would love to see him up here and given a chance, but this is the same management and coaching team that sent TT down to the minors after camp, despite having a huge skill issue on the wing. Not very likely that DS wants Pearson in the lineup over one of his grinders.

DS doesn't decide who is on the NHL roster, Lombardi does....

I am sure Sutter gives his opinion, but Sutter has already taken Shots at Lombardi in the press for the poor LW situation

Sutter "Someone has to play LW" That is a direct shot across Lombardi's bow.

Sutter "We had the lowest scoring out of LW's last year in the entire NHL".

So far , Sutter has put Toffoli and Vey into positions to succeed.

No reason he wouldn't do the same with Pearson.

Last edited:

Model62

Jul 14, 2012

I am sure Sutter gives his opinion, but Sutter has already taken Shots at Lombardi in the press for the poor LW situation

Yeah, this. You can't make chicken soup at LW with chicken****.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Sutter might not have total say, but to say its totally up to DL who is on the roster is off base.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

They sent Toffoli down because he wasn't really all that great in camp. He went down, played hard and was recalled as soon as we had an injury. Imagine that, he had to earn his spot. Isn't that what we want for our youth?

The only one I'd have cut in favor of Toffoli is Fraser, and they play different roles, so unless DS was willing to shuffle guys down the line up to open a top nine spot for Toffoli, he was going to the minors. Frankly, I don't blame them and the issue certainly hasn't hurt Toffoli or the team as both are off to great starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad