Any Las Vegas Plans

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Vegas is already the greatest place on the planet with nothing else a close second. Being able to watch a Pens game while I am there is more than a dream come true.

I don't deserve this much happiness in life.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Vegas is already the greatest place on the planet with nothing else a close second. Being able to watch a Pens game while I am there is more than a dream come true.

I hope you are kidding.

I will be there in December though.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Only reason I went to Vegas was because I wanted to go to the Grand Canyon. Can't see myself ever going back and certainly not to watch a tanking team.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Pittsburgh only plays in Vegas once a year... the odds of them playing a game anytime remotely close to when I'd even consider going there is very remote.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014

I doubt you have seen much of this planet to make such a remarkable statement.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
I go there every year anyway with a group of friends that are all Pens fans so we will probably try to line it up if it works out in one of these early years, but it's unlikely to be the primary event we schedule around.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I go there every year anyway with a group of friends that are all Pens fans so we will probably try to line it up if it works out in one of these early years, but it's unlikely to be the primary event we schedule around.

Exactly the same for me. Literally just landed as 6 of us went out. I dont care if its a pens game or not, ill check it out.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
won't be watching the pens unfortunately, but i'll be out there in october. i'm going to the sabres game. it's going to be sweet

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Going to the game, then driving to phoenix for saturdays game; flying back from phoenix.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Anyone can have fun in Vegas, even my fun-hating ass.

For a day.

Then reality sets in.

I could spend a day seeing Red Rock or Lake Mead and then doing a Cirque show at night or something. But I hate hate hate hate hot dry weather and I don't gamble or enjoy overpriced gaudy tourist traps so every time I've been there I've been totally underwhelmed. My ex's best friend lived in Henderson so I've seen enough Vegas to last the rest of my life.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm not sure how you can hate Vegas. I've been all over the world and there are countless places I'd rather go than there. But it has world class entertainment and some of the best restaurants in the world. The amenities at these hotels are great.

If you are on a tight budget then maybe it would be terrible I guess. If I had to stay in a seedy hotel off of the strip then maybe it wouldn't be fun. t's a fun place to go for 2-3 nights. I hate the heat as well but you just need to time your trip appropriately. I hope those knocking it have actually been there. Even if you don't like gambling there is plenty of others things to do.

Last edited:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I can only speak for myself but it has nothing to do with budget, there are just a million places I'd rather go and things I'd rather see. I guess it's just a matter of enjoying different things - I'd rather eat street food in Thailand or Mexico City and hike to see some ancient ruins than eat a fancy meal and see a show at a hotel. There's nothing wrong with either preference, different strokes and all that.

And yes, I am speaking from experience. I've been there a bunch of times and I've stayed at big hotels and a private home. Never anywhere even close to seedy. It's just not for me.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I am a lot closer to Vegas and Colorado than other places, so yes I will likely plan a trip around one of those. I get cheap flights to Phoenix too and I have several friends and a couple clients in Mesa so I will try to arrange a game around there.

Pensin7

Jun 20, 2009
Brother, nephew and I are doing the three game swing. Going to Vegas, Phoenix and then Denver.

A first doing a trip like this, so looking forward to it!

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Wait til the Steelers start playing in Vegas. That week on the strip will look like the South Side on a Sunday.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I had the opportunity to see the Mobile One arena last February. My wife and I were there for a quick getaway. They opened the arena for 1 day only for the general public to get on the "ice" and take a good look around. It was pure luck that we were there on that day. I happened to have a Penguins T-shirt that I wore, and I was amazed how many former PA and Buffalo NY fans had moved there and were buying season tickets. We spoke with quite a few of them. Many have retired there, or moved there for work. It is a fairly typical new arena with a slight Vegas twist. Out front in the plaza there is a sculpture of a naked show girl which will light up. Only in Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->