Any Isles gear made in US/Canada?

StillAnIslesFan

Feb 26, 2010
I know, I know, chances are jack and s**t, and jack just left town, but I would like to see if I can find any Isles gear that ISN'T made in Asia, ideally made in USA/Canada. Is this possible anymore?

Trumanperro

Nov 10, 2008
New Jersey
The authentic edge jerseys were made in Canada, and were great quality. But, like everything now they're made in Indonesia, crappy quality and almost same price. Screw you Reebok.

StillAnIslesFan

Feb 26, 2010
I know, they all sell out our nations and sell us garbage while reaping millions in profits, f'em all!

CCM even went to Korea. I got a heritage Maroons sweater as a gift in 05 (favourite one by far), made in Canada, bought a backup one in 07, made in Korea, lame...

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Racist! :cool:

Well..you made me curious..so I went into my closet to check it out. I got Korea/Canada/Indonesia

I don't have a problem with offshoring and I don't really care who or where it's made. All I care about is the quality. Some things don't need quality..they just gotta do its job.

Seems all ok quality to me, though, if you were to get something...go authentic.

Trumanperro

Nov 10, 2008
New Jersey
Racist! :cool:

Well..you made me curious..so I went into my closet to check it out. I got Korea/Canada/Indonesia

I don't have a problem with offshoring and I don't really care who or where it's made. All I care about is the quality. Some things don't need quality..they just gotta do its job.

Seems all ok quality to me, though, if you were to get something...go authentic.

I wouldn't go authentic unless you found and edge jersey before 10-11. The replicas are actually better quality now-a-days. The quality control is much better. So much so that a lot of official team stores refuse to carry the indo authentic jerseys. Go game issued if you want authentic or eBay an edge jersey. If not just buy a replica. Nothing is like the game issued/worn anyway, so everything is technically a replica.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yeah..I see your point..

Thought popped into my head..why not get a game worn jersey? Then you are guaranteed top quality...you might have to pay a hefty premium though...

will5059

Mar 7, 2010
Madison CT
Pretty sure you can get game worns of the isles website. I think I've seen them for like 350-400 . Witch is a ridiculous amount to spend on a shirt, but so is the 200-250 you'd have to spend on a non game worn authentic . I have collected a few islanders/sound tigers pre edge RBK authentic jerseys of eBay that are all Canadian made. The quality is great. If you know what your looking for in terms of spotting a fake you can get a new /gently used one for 75-125. Do some Internet research on how to spot a fake a go the eBay route. Remember this , if it seems to good to be true......then it's a fake.

StillAnIslesFan

Feb 26, 2010
How about other stuff besides jerseys? I got a gear bag, tore in a year, and a backpack that has held up better, but is starting to fall apart. Oh yeah, and every winter hat, but my skullcap I got at the coliseum (which i am sure is made in SE Asia), fell apart within a year or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad