Kyle Quincey(Detroit)
James Hakewill(Calgary)
Trevor Hendrikx(Columbus)
Sean Collins(Undrafted)
Micheal Grensy(Chicago)

Goalies:

Corey Crawford(Chicago)
Terry Denike(LA)

Any Information? Their style, any possibilty in the NHL for some?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Here's something on quincey.....

Quincey has good mobility and above-average size. The 6-foot-2, 191-pounder is rock-solid in his own zone, using his skating ability and sound positioning to control opposition forwards. Quincey is also an effective penalty-killer and plays an aggressive physical game. Offensively, Quincey has good overall skills and a powerful point shot.

Despite the fact that he gained more confidence in his puck-rushing skills as the 2002-03 season went on, there are some question marks surrounding Quincey's offensive upside. That said, Quincey was not given much offensive responsibility or power-play ice time with London, so he has yet to scratch the surface of his offensive potential.

Quincey had an excellent freshman year in the OHL, displaying good poise for a rookie and earning ice time in the top-two defense pairings. With veteran Dennis Wideman likely leaving London, Quincey will have an opportunity to be the Knights' take-charge, go-to defenseman in 2003-04. He can continue his development as a potential No. 5 defenseman by taking on more responsibility next season and improving his offensive numbers accordingly.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Welch was drafted in the second round of the 2001 draft by Pittsburgh. He is considered one of the best defencemen in collage. Could very well turn out to be a steal at 54th overall.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Fedz said:
Forwards:

C Dan Fritsche(Columbus)
C Jim Slater(Atlanta)
W Ben Eager(Phoenix)
C Jonas Salomonsson(Undrafted)
W Micheal Woodford(Florida)
W Micheal Lambert(Montreal)
W Carl Sodenberg(Undrafted)
C Brian McConnell(Calgary)
W Gregg Johnson(Ottawa)
W Ryan Murphy(New Jersey)
W Greg Hogeboom(Undrafted)

Defense:

Noah Welch(Undrafted)
Kyle Quincey(Detroit)
James Hakewill(Calgary)
Trevor Hendrikx(Columbus)
Sean Collins(Undrafted)
Micheal Grensy(Chicago)

Goalies:

Corey Crawford(Chicago)
Terry Denike(LA)

Here's what I've got.....

C Jim Slater(Atlanta) - A 2002 selection (30th overall - 1st Round). Plays for Michigan State. Skilled, exceptional skater, great hockey sense and player with character & heart, not to mention an excellent leader.

C Brian McConnell(Calgary) - A 2002 selection (39th overall - 2nd Round). Plays for Boston University. An excellent playmaker with great hockey sense who's also physical. He's had extensive international tourney experience, including a stint w/Team USA in last year's WJC.

W Greg Hogeboom(Undrafted) - Actually this guy was drafted. In 2002 by the Los Angeles Kings (152nd Overall - 5th Round). He plays for Miami-Ohio. Blessed with very good passing skills and sees the ice well. He led Miami in goals scored last season with 24.

Noah Welch(Undrafted) - Another player who was drafted. In 2001 by the Pittsburgh Penguins (54th Overall - 2nd Round). He plays for Harvard. He is considered one of, if not the best all-around Defenceman in the NCAA. He's an exceptionally well-rounded player. Great skater, playmaker. Terrific at the transition game and very comfortable at both ends of the ice. He led all Harvard Dmen in points last season with 28 (6G, 22A).

James Hakewill(Calgary) - Drafted in 2001 (145th overall - th Round). He plays for St. Lawrence. Primarily defensive Defenceman, with good size (6'5/223).

Micheal Grensy(Chicago) - Drafted in 2003 (275th overall - 9th Round). He plays for Clarkson. A stay-at-home, physical Defenceman. FYI, his last name is spelled "Grenzy".

Of all of the aforemenetioned players, I'd say that Slater and Welch are the ones who have the best shots at getting to NHL. McConnell could conceivably get there as well. The others are likely career Minor Pros.

CoolburnIsGone

Fedz said:
W Micheal Woodford(Florida)

Woodford is playing on the 4th line at Michigan. He's got 3 pts in 7 games thus far this season. He's had no problem with the grinding role but never found any scoring touch. He's probably a lifetime minor leaguer.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Welch was probably the steal of the 2001 draft. The Penguins are ecstatic about his development. The Hockey News rated him as the best player in his conference and one of their top 4 picks for the Hobey Baker this year. As with all Penguin collegiate prospects the team encourages him to stay all four years, and considering he's attending Harvard I think it's safe to say he won't be in the pro rankings until 2005, but he'll be a solid NHL defenseman when that day comes. Can be argued that he, and not Ryan Whitney, is our best defensive prospect.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
phantompenguin said:
Welch was probably the steal of the 2001 draft. The Penguins are ecstatic about his development. The Hockey News rated him as the best player in his conference and one of their top 4 picks for the Hobey Baker this year. As with all Penguin collegiate prospects the team encourages him to stay all four years, and considering he's attending Harvard I think it's safe to say he won't be in the pro rankings until 2005, but he'll be a solid NHL defenseman when that day comes. Can be argued that he, and not Ryan Whitney, is our best defensive prospect.

Sounds to me like you might be letting some home team bias get in the way of your judgement. While being a good prospect, Welch is not THE STEAL of the 2001 draft. There are just too many other possibilities.

Derek Roy - 32nd overall
Fedor Tjutin - 40th overall
Tuomas Pihlman - 48th overall
Mike Cammalleri - 49th overall
Igor Grigorenko - 62nd overall
Tomas Plekanec 71st overall
Jordin Tootoo - 98th overall
Ray Emery - 99th overall
Christian Ehrhoff - 106th overall
Dennis Seidenberg - 172nd overall
Brooks Laich - 193rd overall
Jason King - 212th overall
Milan Jurcina - 241st overall

I would have to say that all of these players, plus a few others that I didn't list, are probably just as big of a steal, if not bigger, at this point.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Fedz said:
W Micheal Lambert(Montreal)
QUOTE]

Lambert is having a great year ,and i think being coach by former habs coach Alain Vigneault really help him becoming a more complete player and more mature person. Lambert has all the skill to play in the nhl but in the past the only question mark was his desire look like this year he has improved his work ethic. Solid pick for the habs! :handclap:

ratsgirl

Jul 25, 2003
in the minors
Fedz said:
Forwards:

W Ryan Murphy(New Jersey)

My two cents: Ryan Murphy is the son of Mike Murphy, who I think is still the NHL VP of hockey operations. Murphy was originally drafted by Carolina in 1999, and he's already 24. Having watched him in a couple of games so far this season, I think the real question is how he made it out of the ECHL. He plays LW, and he's got decent speed, and looks like he can play an alright physical game, but his skills are AHL average at best.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Trust me, if you've seen Welch play you'd agree with me.

I saw 2 games of the Beanpot Classic last year. I know it's only 2 games but the play more than matched the hype.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
phantompenguin said:
Trust me, if you've seen Welch play you'd agree with me.

I saw 2 games of the Beanpot Classic last year. I know it's only 2 games but the play more than matched the hype.

How many of the guys I listed have you seen play? If you have then you have to agree that they are just as big of a steal as Welch is. I've seen Welch play and while he was somewhat impressive, that's college hockey. There are plenty of guys that do that at the college level but yet never amount to much of anything. I would still say that there is a long list of players that are bigger steals than Welch at this point.

X-SHARKIE

phantompenguin said:

Yes I agree, Him and Christian Ehrhoff are definitly steals of the draft. Ehrhoff was even in the 4th rond as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad