Any info on the following prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Here's a list with prospects and overagers that I don't know much about. I would appreciate any kind of info regarding one's potential, progression & development, situation, skills, etc..

And maybe pick out the 5 best ones who stand out.. :dunno:

Agris Saviels
Norm Milley
Jason Beckett
Craig McDonald
Nathan Barrett
Ales Pisa
Todd Rohloff
Kelly Fairchild
Jaroslav Bednar
Miikka Kiprusoff
Brett McLean
Ben Eager
Sergei Luchinkin
Jonathan Filewich
Teemu Lassila
Gabriel Karlsson
Petr Hubacek
Artur Garipov
Chad Starling
Trevor Byrne
Ondrej Dvorak
Danny Irmen
Thomas Morrow
Michal Pesek
Chris Eade
Tyler Kolarik
Aaron Van Leusen
Vladimir Vujtek
Anders Myrvold
Dov Grumet-Morris
Gregor Baumgartner
Jiri Jakes
Artem Ternavsky
Dennis Packard
Jaroslav Sklenar
Joey Hope
Lukas Srnka
Alexander Kulakov
Christian Chartier
Ryan Steeves
Jake Taylor
Peter Hafner

Thanks a bunch..

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
If these are the prospects on your new HFNHL team you're in trouble (not that you were'nt already after you named sensgod your assistant GM, but anyways....)

From what i can tell, the following players dont completely suck:
Agris Saviels
Miikka Kiprusoff (Not a Prospect)
Brett McLean
Ben Eager
Jonathan Filewich
Teemu Lassila
Jake Taylor

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Voodoo Daddy said:
If these are the prospects on your new HFNHL team you're in trouble (not that you were'nt already after you named sensgod your assistant GM, but anyways....)

From what i can tell, the following players dont completely suck:
Agris Saviels
Miikka Kiprusoff (Not a Prospect)
Brett McLean
Ben Eager
Jonathan Filewich
Teemu Lassila
Jake Taylor

Thanks for your response, but I left out the ones that I did know like Parise, Upshall, Roy, Kapanen, Artukhin, etc..

BCCHL inactive

Jonathan Filewich...

1. Good size (6'2", 200 lbs)
2. Good wrist shot
3. Good puckhandling skills
4. Good passer
5. Has a "nose for the net"
6. Digs in the corners and along the boards
7. Throws a good, hard hit
8. Has the ability to control the tempo of a game

The only problem with Filewich, is that he doesn't always want to accomplish #5-8. If not for his lazy streaks, he just might have been a late first round pick at the 2003 draft instead of a third round pick.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Norm Milley. Stuck in Rochester right now. Probably on his last legs with the organization but has played pretty well and IMHO can play on the 4th line of most any team in the league. Decent scoring though I doubt it'll translate to the NHL, strong checking and defense. If you're dealing with the Sabres, he might not be a bad throw-in.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Vujtek is a talented czech who had a special chemistry with Martin Prochazka a few years ago when Czech Republic was winning every World Championships.
He's always been one of the best in Europe, but was never able to stick with an NHL team. I really can't explain why, because he's always been dominant in european hockey.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Rohloff and Kolarik are both property of the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Rohloff's actually gotten in a dozen or so games in Columbus his season, but don't expect anything out of him. The only reason we had him playing were due to some serious injuries on the back end.

Career minor-leaguer with a cup of coffee every now and again.

Kolarik, on the other hand, may be worth keeping around. Plays for Harvard. Has 13 points in 12 games this year, and had over a point-per-game last season. Whether or not he turns into something remains to be seen, but an interesting guy to keep an eye on nonetheless.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Eager is leading the Oshawa Generals in scoring and will likely be a 2nd line enforcer type player that complements his linemates, ala Dallas Drake.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Kolarik, on the other hand, may be worth keeping around. Plays for Harvard. Has 13 points in 12 games this year, and had over a point-per-game last season. Whether or not he turns into something remains to be seen, but an interesting guy to keep an eye on nonetheless.

[/QUOTE]

any info on chad? i hear he's one hell of a player

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
i can shed some insight on lassila, hubacek and beckett, as they've all been involved with the preds organization

beckett was recently traded to minnesota, and plays for the aeros. he was probably the worst defensive d-man on an already defensively weak (outside schnabel and hamhuis)milwaukee teamlast year. most likely will never play in the NHL.

hubacek was, i believe, released over the summer by the preds, and has never left europe...most likely never will.

lassila was taken in the fourth round this year and a lot of people were shocked that he fell that far, being ranked the number one euro goalie this year. this is first year as a starter in the sm-liiga, but for being young is doing fairly well. had a great year last year ater being called up. behind finley, nashville's top goaltending prospect.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Modano = God said:
Here's a list with prospects and overagers that I don't know much about. I would appreciate any kind of info regarding one's potential, progression & development, situation, skills, etc..

And maybe pick out the 5 best ones who stand out.. :dunno:

Agris Saviels
Norm Milley
Jason Beckett
Craig McDonald
Nathan Barrett
Ales Pisa
Todd Rohloff
Kelly Fairchild
Jaroslav Bednar
Miikka Kiprusoff
Brett McLean
Ben Eager
Sergei Luchinkin
Jonathan Filewich
Teemu Lassila
Gabriel Karlsson
Petr Hubacek
Artur Garipov
Chad Starling
Trevor Byrne
Ondrej Dvorak
Danny Irmen
Thomas Morrow
Michal Pesek
Chris Eade
Tyler Kolarik
Aaron Van Leusen
Vladimir Vujtek
Anders Myrvold
Dov Grumet-Morris
Gregor Baumgartner
Jiri Jakes
Artem Ternavsky
Dennis Packard
Jaroslav Sklenar
Joey Hope
Lukas Srnka
Alexander Kulakov
Christian Chartier
Ryan Steeves
Jake Taylor
Peter Hafner

Thanks a bunch..

Here's what I can give you:

Trevor Byrne: Defenseman in the St. Louis Blues system. He played for Dartmouth last season and was very good. He's an excellent skater who has terrific hands. Don't know how he's doing in the Minors though.

Danny Irmen: Center for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. He's got size, skates well, but he's had some problems capitalising on scoring opportunities. Also, it would be nice if he shot the puck a bit more. He's a kid whose got potential, but he needs work on seizing his opportunities.

Thomas Morrow: A towering (6'6) Defenseman who plays for Boston University. He's property of the Buffalo Sabres. He could bulk a bit, because he's a little on the lanky side. Right now, he's a real project. He's made some costly defensive mistakes for BU, but he seems to be getting better with each game he plays. He also needs to use his towering size more to his advantage. Skates well, but if he can continue to grow and improve as a defenseman, he could become a good (not great) defenseman.

Tyler Kolarik: A terrific centerman for Harvard, who is property of the Columbus Blue Jackets. This guy is terrific with a capital "T". He's got speed, excellent puck-handling skills. He has a real keen sense of reading and anticipating plays quite well. He can also make transitions rather quickly. He's also very good at both ends of the ice. If he can do for Columbus, what he's doing at Harvard now, the Blue Jackets and their fans will have another terrific player on their team in the future.

Dov Grumet-Morris: Harvard's starting netminder who is property of the Philadelphia Flyers. He had a phenomenal year last season, but this season he's been inconsistent. He moves well laterally, good glove, but could use work on those low shots and controlling of rebounds. He tends to go down rather easily as well. Two positive about Grumet-Morris is that he can be clutch, and he doesn't get rattled easily. If he can improve his weaknesses, he could be a future NHLer. My guess is that he'll end up as career AHLer instead.

Dennis Packard:A forward for Harvard who is property of the Tampa Bay Lightning. He's a big man (6'5/225) who not only uses his very well but is quite fast for a guy his size. He's an excellent skater with great hands. He's tough to get around and move off of the puck. He could see some work in his forechecking and defensive play. Also, being a bit more physical wouldn't hurt either. He could turn out to be a bonafide future NHLer if he can improve his physical and defensive play.

Ryan Steeves: Top liner for the Yale Bulldogs and property of the Colorodo Avalanche. He's got great hands, excellent with the puck but his blazing speed is his greatest asset. He loves to crash the net and is willing to pay the heavy price of camping out in front of the opposition's net. Because Yale is such a poor defensive team (not to mention very young), it's hard to get a real good read on his defensive side.

Jake Taylor: An absolutely punishing and imposing defenseman for the Minnesota Golden Gophers. He's property of the New York Rangers. He's got size ( 6'4/220) and he's uses it very well. This is a guy who you hate to have to play against but would love to have on your team. He doesn't take any crap from anybody. He's primarily a defensive defenseman, although he is beginning to shoot the puck more. He's an average skater, but he needs more work on the offensive side. Also, he needs to keep his emotions in check. At times with Minnesota this season, his emotions got him a few trips to the penalty box. If he makes the NHL, he'll likely go in as a tough guy. At this point, I'd project him to be a 5th, 6th or 7th Dman in the NHL (if he does make it that far).

Peter Hafner: A defenseman with size (6'5/200) who plays for Harvard. He's property of the Florida Panthers. He's a fluid skater, who moves quite well. He's primarily a defensive defenseman who can put the puck in the net. He is a project, but he is developing quite nicely. He will likely be a career minor leaguer, who could see NHL time on a call-up basis, but it is a little too early to tell exactly how he will turn out.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:

any info on chad? i hear he's one hell of a player[/QUOTE]

Chad Kolarik plays for the USNTDP. He got an assist in the game vs. UND the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad